Friday, February 6, 2009

Love Life



I finished this journal page but had to literally go buy batteries for my camera so I could take a picture of it to post! My poor camera has had it, I'm holding the latch to the batteries together with a rubber band! Oh well, it is working. I was not happy with this page! You know when you feel that way when you are doing it and you continue to feel that way but you keep going and in the end you still feel that way! I would love to know where everyone is getting all these pretty pretty girls and faces to use in their collages. I think I need to be able to cut out the whole girl or image, I have realized I am not good at putting together the clothes, but I am going to keep trying!

Tomorrow it is supposed to be warmer outside and we are going to have a little yard day! I am looking forward to getting some things done outside that we need to do. I have Lenten Roses starting to pop up! Gotta clean that bed up so they will look pretty when they do come up all the way. I will also clean and redo the fairy house area.... when I went to the Flower Show, my friend Susan saw these little metal miniture trellis's and she said "Shelly, you should buy this for you Fairy House!!!" So of course I did! When I get it all like I want it I will show yall!! I will show you the Lenten Roses too when they are up and all beautiful! I hope you all have a good weekend!

10 comments:

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

this is wonderful! I found you on flickr tonight and I'm enjoying your art!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Thrifty Miss Priss! Nice to meet you! I absolutely love your name!! I'm so glad you found me and my blog! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my art!! Made my night!:D Now come by often and don't be a stranger so I won't feel like I am talking to myself LOL!!! I will come visit you too!! Night night!!

Taluula said...

Hey Blueridgelady, I found you. Your work is mouthwateringly wonderful and this is superb.

Jennifer Williams aka Blueskysunburn said...

Your journal page is so bright and colorful! I have many pieces I start off and end unhappy with. They just sit on my wall until I can figure out what to do with them. I find with me, it's usually when I'm trying too hard to follow someone else's style. That might not be the case with yours but once I add elements of myself in there I usually feel a lot better about the piece.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Good Morning Taluula! Your comment just made my day! I'm so glad you found me! I hope you visit often, I love your blog and your art so much! Have a good weekend!! Hugs to ya!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much!!! I agree with you, I'm the same way, I'll think, maybe it's too busy or too much..but I think with me "more is more" always has been that way..congratulations to you on your pieces that you put in the Spa!!! How exciting!!!!!
Your art is awesome and you know I'm a huge fan! Have a great weekend!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

This collage ist brillant, so joyous an spirited, I love it so much.
Your artworks are so inspiring, I hope I may put your blog on my blogroll?
Have a nice weekend,
best wishes from germany,
Anja

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, Shelly, this piece is WONDERFUL! I love the message and her attitude. AND, she's beautiful eye candy too. What's not to love?!? Your work is always so refreshing.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Lenten Roses . . . that means that spring is right around the corner. Here in the north, we desperately need to believe! I'll have live vicariously for a while and will be watching for your post.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Greeting Anjas from Mineral Bluff, GA.!!! Nice to meet you! Your comments were so sweet and I hope you know how much I appreciate them! Yes you surely may add me to your blogroll, I would love it!! Come back when ya can!! Hugs, Shelly

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hey Terri! You are so sweet, you made me feel better about the piece. I loved her face, I got it from an old magazine I found at the antique store... guess I just thought her head was too big for the rest of her or something...but you made me feel better and I needed that!

Well, hubby and are are about dead... we worked outside and trimmed a bunch of dead stuff and raked and then I put 3 bags of mulch out around the Lentens...now the bed is ready for them to bloom their heads off! I also planted a bunch of native plants I rescued last summer so I can't wait to see them! We got alot done but guess we weren't used to doing anything since I've been hibernating all winter like an old bear! Both of us are hobbling around, his back is sore and the backs of my legs are sore from bending over! Oh well, I may as well get used to it!! Hope you are having a good weekend and glad ya came by! Later girly!!