Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Desire



Took a while on this one. I was having one of those days....where nothing worked and I didn't like anything I did, you know what it's like. Hubby called me and I guess he could tell I was stressed out. He said "you just need to go take a drive and get away for a little bit, then you will be okay"...I really didn't want to do that because I hadn't been working on it very long, but I had a headache, and knew that it was time to walk away. So I did, and grabbed my keys and fled out of there on "two wheels" and I went and got something to eat and parked my car and just sat there eating and watching the traffic. It was nice actually. I began to envision how I could be a good private investigator! Looking at the people driving by...where were they all going, where had they been, what was going on in their lives? Then I finished my chicken wrap, started the car, and went home and everything was perfect again. Hubby was right, he knows me so well. Have a good day!

8 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Shelly!
I've tried and tried to post to Blogger, but it's just not working - so, I sent you a Flickr Mail! Great minds think alike. Hmmmm. . . we were BOTH thinking of "Desire!"!!!!
Luv Ya!
Terri :) xoxoxoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Terri!

I just tried to post again and it denied me!! I loved your collage and I bought "Artful Blogging" after I read your post, and I read about Ingrid and I could see why you were so inspired! I enjoyed reading about all the featured artists and look forward to visiting their blogs and seeing their art too!

Your "Flower Child" partner in crime, candy and collage!
Shelly

tangled stitch said...

Your piece is very lovely. Sometimes we just need a break to get us going again.

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Shelly - Don't know why you can't post to my blog. I checked the settings and everything seems OK. If you have a chance, I'd appreciate your trying again later and let me know what happens. (No wonder I'm commentless!!!!) In the meanwhile, I left another FLICKR mail for ya.

Thanks again for your great comments. Ingrid's work is so fabulous and creative. She really DID blow me away. That's such a GREAT issue - mine is dog-eared already! Go get yourself a cup of tea (or a glass of wine!) and enjoy browsing!!!!!

I LOVE that you're a fellow "Flower Child"!
Hugs,
Terri :)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Tangled Stitch and Terri for your comments!! So glad that you all came by! I hope you both have a lovely creative day!

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

Yay I can leave comments now!

I really like how you have here peering over the flowers on this one.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hey Jennifer! Thank you!!! I'm glad you were able to leave your sweet comment, I'm so glad you came by! Hope you are having a good day at work and that it won't be toooo stressful for you! See ya!! xox

Ozstuff said...

I love your gorgeous page and I enjoyed your story about your thoughtful husband and the good a break from routine gave you. Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog and at Flickr. We meet the nicest people there don't we? Cheers from Marie aka Ozstuff on a very hot day in Oz.