Monday, February 9, 2009


My Collage Play with Crowabout on Flickr page .... I decided that the face, which I had already drawn awhile back, had to become "green" like the rest of the bird......but naturally I didn't decide that until I had already glued it down. As I was trying to color it in the imprint of the birds head made it's way to the scene......I may try and fix it later if I can.....it took me hours to finish it and I was sorta hoping it would'nt be as obvious in the picture but....I was wrong :( but yall get the idea! It was fun doing it anyhow, I love the Collage group and always look forward to seeing everyones pages.

6 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Love, love, love the super-delicious colors and all of the little critters! Great page, Shelly!
Hugs,
Terri

Taluula said...

The colours are so bright and happy and I just think it's a stunning piece. Bravo.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Terri and Taluula! Kind of a bizarre piece!! I already had the face, and had never been able to find the proper place for it and somehow it ended up on the bird's body, of course! That's what I love about collage though, anything goes! Terri, I am thrilled to see you join the Crowabout group!! Thank you both for stopping by, I hope yall have a good night!

Alberta and Ava said...

The patterns here are all amazing, especially the red barooque pattern of the arch behind her checkerboard hat and in front of the black and white diaondsm and polka dots. I also love the green red and pink combination and I even think the ghostly bird head works! I wish my computer were working so I could participate this week!

Love,

Alberta

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Alberta BFFF! Thank you!! I performed a little surgery on her yesterday afternoon to remove the underlying birdy head, you know how it is when something really bugs you and you are compelled to fix it? It helped somewhat, but not enough to repost it.

When is your new computer coming? I know you can't wait! I can't wait to see more of your art!!!! Thanks for stopping by to see me!! xox

roc said...

this is such a nicely done page.