Friday, March 13, 2009

The Bold Ones

I was beginning to think I was not going to come up with anything for the Collage Play with Crowabout challenge! After seeing so many clever and charming posts from my collage sistas, I was really at a loss. It finally came together. It was a challenge and that is exactly what I needed! It will be time for some new markers though, some that would even write would be a plus LOL!!

I've gotta tell yall what happened to me the other day when I was going to meet my stepmom Carolyn, for lunch. I pulled out onto the highway and I'm driving along in my own bizare little world......probably thinking about glue, paper, paint, that image I wanted that could not find, beads or plants. I'm minding my own business....and from the corner of my eye, I could see that there was a car next to me......not really moving on and just sort of staying beside me.....I didn't look over there, it was just like I knew they were there....and I didn't think much else about it. Then I hear a horn honking and glanced over and the lady, well, if you could call her that.....was looking at me with this wild expression on her face and she is absoulutely LIVID....and she is shooting me a BIRD!!! The kind of bird you would shoot, where your hand goes up and down while you are doing it kind! I think my jaw just dropped and I had this stunned look on my face, like "what"?? She went ahead and got in the left turning lane, and when I went by her I just smiled and waved!!! LOL..... poor dear......God love her.....bless her heart.......I hope I never see her again, I don't know what she might do next time she sees me, whatever I did, it was pretty BAD!!! Hope you all have a great weekend! x0x0x

12 comments:

Ozstuff said...

I love your story - probably because it is one we can all identify with. Also love hearing another version of "Don't Dream it's Over" by Crowded House, a favourite group of mine (from New Zealand).
Your collage is breathtaking. This is my second viewing as I saw it at Flickr and it looks twice as good as the first time!! Fantastic.

Terri Kahrs said...

Once again you made my day with life's little tidbit! And here I thought that Southern women were raised to be polite!!!!! I guess there's always one in the bunch! (LOL)

Lots of eye candy and fun happening in this piece. It's wonderful! Shelly, your really kicked in!!!!
Have a super weekend!
Hugs,
Terri :) xoxo

Terri Kahrs said...

ME again! The post is SUPPOSED to read: Your MUSE really kicked in!
Love again!
Terri

Taluula said...

Saw this across at Crowabout and it's even better for a second look. Bravo.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Yall! Glad ya like the music Marie! Thanks so much to you all for your comments, you don't even know how much I value your opinions and feedback, and just am so glad you came by for a visit :D Wow talk about a run on sentence, well that's me! It's an old yucky gray day here, I think the Ray Man and I are gonna go eat some seafood tonight and chill out, it's that kind of a weekend I think. What about the new images Nancy posted? Pretty! Congratulations Marie on winning this week, love all of your collages and you all ROCK!!!!!!

Janny said...

It's a great collage!

Alberta said...

Although I couldn't come up with a thing this week that wasn't a poor copy of something that had already been done, YOU, my dear, dreamed up an original! As to that nutbird in the car, can you say "Karazy!" Last fall every time I drove down Hwy 78 through Loganville on the way to school, in the morning, for heavensakes, with my TWO Obama bumper stickers, I would get the most malevolent glares and abusive gestures, sometimes with BOTH hands! It makes you wonder how anyone could muster that level of fury for a STRANGER! We love you here in Blogland though, sweet girl.

BlueRidgeLady said...

You always know just what to say to lift my spirits Alberta! I'm proud of you for enduring the ridiculous, narrow minded idiocy that you had to, driving down ole Hwy 78, as I have many times, I should have been as bold!
I still think about the story you tell in your blog about the student that you didnt know following you into your class after seeing your stickers, just wanting to tell you he voted for the first time and how happy and proud he was about it. It brings tears to my eyes right this minute thinking about how sweet that was and it just touched my heart that he was so moved by it all. Thanks so much for your friendship and always being you!
Have a great weekend sista!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Janny!!

Thank you sweetie!! Good to see ya, and hope you are doing good :D x0x0x

~Barb~ said...

I am in awe of your great collage! Super piece...I am in love with it. Great job.

Oh, and the chick flipping you the bird...she must have been having a bad day or some serious road rage. Ugh.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

gypsy said...

Fantastic page for your art journal ~ adore the lyrics and the playful, retro, psychedelic feel of it all.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Barb and Gypsy!! I sure appreciate your sweet sweet comments. So glad you liked it and lately I have been in a psychedelic mood..I loved the art of that era......the music...guess I never grew out of it all!