Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Day in the Yard

It was so beautiful the day before yesterday, I decided to work outside. I still had to plant the flowers Molly gave me and had other things to do. Nearly killed me! I got the hyacynths planted, and some Stargazer Lily bulbs I had bought. Planted a bunch of Iris's my friend Diane brought me at the end of the summer last year! They were in these huge heavy clumps and somehow I got them all planted. I then had to water everything in. The 200ft long hose was already laying up in the higher garden, but before I watered everything I was going to change nozzles. Raymond likes that gold brass kind that you can just turn to adjust the spray? I detest it. If you have it on a mild spray it takes forever to get enough water on anything, and when you turn it up it pulverizes and pressure washes all the plants! I like MY nozzle that has the "shower" feature. So MY nozzle was no where to be found, then I spotted it alright... it was up on the slope in the yard where we have it covered in pine straw. I tried to walk sideways over to it without falling backwards and rolling down the mountain. I started to slip in the pinestraw and had to bend over and crawl like a fiddler crab over to it, then get back up to the top of the drive way. I got it though!!!! So I recovered from that, and changed nozzles, got sprayed a few times in the face and legs with water, but got it on there. Then try to visualize this......in the garden on the other side of the driveway there is a slope maybe 3 ft high and then the garden starts. I was up in the garden with the 200 ft cold, stiff, mangled hose. I decided to pick it up and throw it down below to the driveway, so I didn't have to drag the tangled up piece of crap across all my plants. I got part of it down there and picked up the rest of it and hurled it over and the next thing I know I'm going with it!!!!! For crying out loud! I didn't want to fall onto the gravel driveway, and somehow landed on my feet so hard that it was quite a blow to my poor knees. But then it was like it was with such a force that I couldn't stop, and I was so afraid of falling so here I am running full force downhill trying to stop ROFL!!!!! I finally did get stopped and it seemed like the entire episode lasted 3o minutes. My heart was pounding so hard, and it scared me to death, and I was mad and laughing all at the same time!!!! I am so glad there was no one around to see it all! So after all that and cleaning up and putting away all the tools, I came in and took 2 Motrin right off the bat! I told Molly, who got a huge laugh out of this, that next time I may as well take the asprin before I even head out the door, or either hire that yard boy I've been talking about!! Ya'll have a good night!

8 comments:

~Barb~ said...

Stargazer Lilies are my very favorite flowers...I really should get some bulbs and put them out so I can enjoy them in my own yard this year, huh? Or maybe I should hire a yard boy, too. LOL
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

Oh my, I got a good laugh out of this! I can just picture it in my head. I'm so glad to hear you aren't hurt.

Keep your asprin handy. You'll probably need it come tomorrow morning.

Ginger said...

Enjoyed your art! Amazing insight on your topics love the whimsy and colors!

Terri Kahrs said...

Holy Cow, Girlfriend! I read this post and am still ROFLOL!!!!!! You painted such a vivid picture, I can see it all happening in slow motion! I think that's EXACTLY what you need - one little cutie patootie yard boy to do all of the gymnastic tough stuff! Seriously, Am SO happy to hear that you're all in one piece and that you'll live to garden again!!!! Smiles & HUGS, Terri :) xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Heee heee! Good to hear from you all! I'm doing good, not as sore as I thought I would be! I've been working on my Crowabout Collage, oh brother!! Had to take a break!
How nice to see you all here, to make my night! Nice to meet you Ginger, glad you came by and hope you will visit often, cuz you know what they say.... "it's always something"! Sweet dreams yall!! xoxox

Susan said...

Oh Dear, this is such a descriptive post. I have laughed and laughed. I finally had to come to grips with the fact that I am yard work "challenged". I usually get caught up in brambles and come out looking a mess. More power to anyone who can do this type of thing. Take care, Susan

Taluula said...

You are so funny, I love to read your tales. Keep 'em coming.

BlueRidgeLady said...

LOL!!! Thanks for stopping by Susan and Ann. Never a dull moment! Right now, I'm sitting here watching this squirrel hanging off my birdfeeder! I guess the entire neighborhood wonders what I am screaming about "Get off, go away, git!" and maybe a few other words that I wont mention here.....and still there he sits!!!! I am gonna get a jar of vaseline and grease it up, the pole, the useless baffle, and the bird feeder!!! Haahhaaaaaaa I will show him!!!
See yall!