Sunday, March 1, 2009

March

Spring is surely on its way now! Happy March everyone! I had this sun I used in the "March" collage for a while now. I got it from my blog sista and good friend Nancy Baumiller. In real life, it has little sparkles all over it! I decided it needed to be used! I found the quote by Charles Dickens and the collage transpired. Hope you like it!

It is flurry-ing up here on the mountain, but so far that's it! I talked to my daughters this morning and our son in law, and from what we hear, it is snowing like crazy where they are, about an hour and a half from us. We will see what happens! I have mixed emotions about that. I usually welcome a nice snow since we don't get them too often, but in the past few days we have had a little white cat show up to the cabin! I think she has been hanging around the mountain for a couple of weeks now. She has not been taken care of, she has ear mites and probably fleas. She is so sweet and loving! I tried to resist feeding her for a day or so, but she kept hanging around and would not leave. I just couldn't turn my back on her. Sooooo...I fed her. She acted like she had never eaten. We can't bring her in since we have Pearl and Little One. We found a box that we turned over and layed on it's side and put some towels in it and then put some over the top of the box to insulate it more from the wind. She thinks she is sleeping in the Taj Mahal now! She loves her new little home, but I know it's still freezing out there. I talked to a girl at the feed/pet store that gave me some numbers of places to call tomorrow, from what she said they will take her and give her shots and treat her ears etc. and make her available for adoption. So I will call them tomorrow. Even though I have only had her for a couple of days I can see that it will be hard on me to even do that!!! I know though, that is best for her. Wish me luck!! Hope everyone has had a good, warm, relaxing, artful, creative weekend! See yall soon!

8 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Would love for March to be this wonderfully colorful and spirited! You always seem to find the most perfect words to go with great images. I just adore this piece!

Good luck with "Snowball"! How kind of you to give her shelter in a storm. Poor little thing! She's SO luck to have found you. I totally understand where you're coming from 'cuz I too have a weakness for strays.
Hugs,
Terri :) xoxoxo

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh, bless your heart. You are so wonderful to take care of that sweet kitty. I know it must be difficult. You did the right thing. I could never turn my back on an animal either. I hope she goes to a wonderful new home soon.

I LOVE your latest journal page!!

Take care,

Holly

Janny said...

Your collage is so beautiful and rich!
How is the kitty?

Ozstuff said...

First of all - thanks for the music. I have just listened all the way through "Abraham, Martin and John" which I haven't heard in an age. A reminder of the pointlessness of deaths such as theirs.
To happier things .... I feel I could drown in the colour of your superb page. It is creative, artistic and just superb!!
Now I am humming "Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River" etc etc. I think the song is going to be in my head for the rest of the night. Cheers from Marie, aka Ozstuff, in sunny and hot Western Australia. You are looking forward to spring and I am looking forward to a cool autumn.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Terri, Janny, Holly and Marie!

How nice to wake up this morning to a visit from you all :D You make my day with your sweet comments on my art, music and little white kitty, that Terri named "Snowball" perfect Terri!!!!

The latest is that I called the number the girl gave me to the vet. hospital, and the lady acted shocked that the girl told me they took them in. I felt like an idiot. She did give me a few other places to call. I did and none of them are taking in any more animals! Even the humane society! I am going to call Animal Control, I think they can give me a number to a lady who fosters them out. I couldn't find her yesterday, I went to check on her and she was gone!! I was hoping it was because she really does have a home! I put some food out and something ate it! I might be feeding all sorts of animals, and might have a small farm here before to long!! I will keep you all posted. Right now the temp is 14!! Luckily, this weekend it is supposed to warm up to the 70's!!! Yay!!!

Marie, glad you like the music! I love such a wide range as you can see. The playlist.com is so great because you can pick all your favorite songs and they usually have most of them.

I am hoping to start my Crowabout collage today! Last night I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open staring at the ones you all have posted and just amazed at your creativity and I just admire each one of you and the work you do so much. What in the world am I going to do now????! I am so glad I found your blogs, and am excited to get to spend more time with you all! Thank you all for making my day!!

Love,
Shelly

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well hellooooooo Shelly!
Wow! You have been a busy girl! I couldn't resist just a quick skim through here and realize I have so much to catch up on. I also couldn't resist just stopping before I start to tell you how simply beautiful your latest pieces are - just amazing. I can't wait to just get lost in all of their color and detail later today here and in flickr. I am blown over! Wow is all I can say without writing a whole book version of what your work has churned up inside of me - just incredible!

Thank you for all of your good thoughts and wishes for me lately! They have meant far more to me than you will ever know. Thank you, thank you.
marsha

p.s. you'll be getting a ton of comments from me in flickr I'm sure!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Well hello Marsha!!!! It is sooo good to hear from you and know that you are HOME! We all missed you and your beautiful art! I am thinking about you, smiling, knowing that you are probably working away on something else for us to drooool over! I want to thank you so much for your kind words, you made my day bigtimeeee! I would have responded earlier, I was having a problem with my blog, I couldn't see the background when I would pull it up, and since my letters are dark , I couldn't read any of the posts! How frustrating is that! I finally turned off everything, unplugged, switched on/off stuff, and put a new filter plug in thingy, and turned everything back on and everything is fine! Now if I could keep these cats from sleeping against the monitor I'd be fine! I appreciate all your Flickr comments too! Beaming here :D

Big Hug for ya,
Shelly

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.