Friday, March 6, 2009

Not Tonight, Not Ever!

Good Morrrning! This collage was inspired by a wooden sign I have that says, It's Not P.M.S. It's Y.O.U. I bought it a few years ago and I still laugh every time I look at it! So many of the images on this collage are from Nancy Baumiller, thanks so much Nancy! Hope you enjoy it! Some of you might even be able to relate to it more than others ;D

My daughter Kathryn, and her boyfriend Alex are coming up for the weekend! Alyssa, will be up sometime tomorrow! Alex is going fishing, yes Kathryn is allowing it!! She and I are going to go on a long walk/hike. It is supposed to be a beautiful day here in Blue Ridge tomorrow! Then tomorrow night we are going to eat to celebrate my husbands birthday that was yesterday. Happy Birthday again sweetie!! I can't wait to see them :D

Got some plants coming to me from my sister Molly! She knew I had been wanting some Purple Shamrock. She has quite a bit of it, and she has it in some of her pots in her yard and it looks so pretty! She found me 3 plants for 10.00! Then!!! She called me later in the day to tell me that she included a little bonus surprise for me! She said she was not going to tell me what it was in one sentence, and in the next sentence she said "do you want me to tell you"? Really, she just couldn't wait to tell me, because it was such a deal! She and her friend Linda,
were at the nursery, and found a sale rack that had flats of Grape Hyacinths on it, and she got me 12 of them for $1.00!!!!! We couldn't believe it! I love it when they go shopping :D

Kitty Update!! She's still with us! I got home with my groceries yesterday, and she came running down to see me, purring her head off and plopping down in the gravel rolling back and forth, getting dirty, but not caring. Sweet girl. I have not been able to find a place to take her. Anyone want a sweet little white kitty???? I will check back later to see!!!

How did it get to be 11:15? Seems like I just went to bed. Guess I better get crackin around here! Hope ya'll have a lovely weekend. x0x

12 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Shelly! This is SO funny! You really got my weekend off to a good start with this one! Awesome page!

Sounds like you've got a wonderful weekend ahead - full of family. That the BEST! I'm sure your husband will have a wonderful Birthday celebration. Wish him a Happy Birthday from me!

How nice that your sis found some plantings for you. I'm STILL pea-green jealous that you can garden right now. We still have snow here in the North East.

So happy to hear that the little Kitty is OK! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find her a really nice home. Sounds like she'd make a great addition to a caring family.
Have a super weekend (I know you will!)
Love,
Terri :) xoxo (Still ROFL!)

BlueRidgeLady said...

LOL! I was just on your blog, I'm still ROFL too! Thanks for your always sweet comments, and meant to thank you for the cool free images!!

I don't know what the deal was with my fonts on the above post- they got all screwed up because I wanted to resize and color a few words. When I went back to edit it, everything looked normal, I even hi-lited and reset the fonts back like I wanted them and they refused to change back...damn fonts! Hugs!

Taluula said...

Another great collage and so so funny. I love it.

Alberta said...

Your art always tickles me to death, Shelly, but this is a hoot! I also always enjoy your garden talk and family stories. You should have a column like Celestine Sibley used to do. Reading your words is like reading a letter from a lovely, but, slightly eccentric, aunt. I hope your husband has a wonderful birthday; he certainly has a wonderful wife!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Eccentric, I like that Alberta!!! Your sweet comment brought tears to my eyes. I was reading it to my husband and got a little teary eyed. It was such a sweet thing to say, and Raymond appreciated the birthday wishes from you and Terri as well. I feel so lucky to have you as my friend, BFFF! Ya'll have a good weekend!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Ann!!!

Thank you!!!! Glad I made ya smile!! Hope you have a good weekend! It was cloudy and foggy most of the day, but ended up being pretty! So nice we actually sat outside on the porch! Hugs to ya!

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Shelly!
I am SO proud and lucky to be considered one of your friends. I truly value your inspiration, kindness and friendship; and your work makes my soul sing. Thank you for welcoming me into the creative world with open arms, my friend.

Cathy Mendola from Reflections of a Ramblin' Girl awarded me with a Kreativ Blogger Award. In the spirit of this award, it's to be passed on to 8 more bloggers. I can't think of anyone who is more deserving. Please stop by my blog to copy the picture and the text that came with it. Then choose 8 more deserving people.
Thank you, my friend!
Love & Hugs,
Terri :) xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Laughed at this collage! I have always LOVED the sign you have and was glad to see in honored here. The 'DON'T' caption was hilarious! Love ya, Molly

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Molls! The "Dont" sign was originally part of the sign Stripey is holding, it originally said "Don't pity me" but I decided to do a little cropping. I thought the "Dont" comment went well with Sophisticated Lady! I kept laughing as I was making it thinking about the baby boy you saw that time, and tried talking to him so sweetly, and he just looked at you and said 'DON'T" !!! ROFL!!!! I still laugh about that all the time! I knew you would appreicate it!!

Love ya!
Shells

Melisa said...

This is great! I do love stripey man. I have a night shirt that says, "How about never? Is that good for you?"

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Melisa! Stripey is stalking us all I think, we never know where or when he will show up again, I think he has more lives than a cat! I am cracking up about your night shirt!!! So funny. Thank you for stopping by!

Bev said...

Shelly I have to tell ya I gave you a little award cuz I think you are so special, BUT I forgot to let you girls know..ehehhe!!! Senior moment!!! So if you'll pop over to my other blog, He Lives, just go to http://bevie2u2.blogspot.com and choose that one...you'll find it right there on the first page!!!! (((wv u!!)))
Bevie