Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Summer Picnic

The latest Collage Play with Crowabout page. I know, this is very different from most of my collages. Ya'll know that normally I have more images on a page than I usually have room for, that's always my motto... "more is more". But since this turned into an outdoor landscapey scene, that technique would not have worked for this collage. It was sorta funny, I started this background then put it out of sight, painted another one, I kept trying to do some sort of indoor gala scene and was just having a heck of a time. It's also funny how you get this one idea in your head with one of the images and that was the problem. I was trying to use one of them that was of a piano it had sort of a saloonish look to it- great picture, but when I took it away all the other elements worked perfect for the landscape background I had just practically threw away! So, got it back out and pasted the few images in and it came together. Basically, I was thinking wayyyy to hard! It was really very simple allllll along!! Ya'll have a good night! xox

10 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Shelly! I'm so happy that you decided to go with the picnic theme instead of the piano room. This is such a happy, carefree scene; it really made me smile!!!!! Glad you're back in business!!! (You can't keep a Goddess down for long!) Hope you have a great evening!
Big Hugs,
Terri :) xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Terri!! Gosh I can't recall ever being called a Goddess!! I'm feeling better by the minute LOL!!! Thank you so much, and so glad you liked it!! The Goddess is going down to the Dungeon!!! You have a good night tooo!
xox

Kristen Hermanny said...

You have a really great style to your artwork. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your blog today. EXCELLENT!!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Kristen!! What a really sweet thing to say! I hope that you come back often! Nice to meet you! :D

Shelly

Ozstuff said...

I would like to have been at that picnic. Saw it first at Flickr and it looks even better here on the blog. Fantastic work.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Marie!!!! Let's go!!! What a time we would have :D Have a great weekend my friend.

Pam said...

I know how the images can pull you somewhere you never thought you were heading... that's part of the fun isn't it?

Suzan Buckner said...

LOL @ "more is more"...LOL..LOL..that is SO ME!!!! You are making wonderful, beautiful pages!! Love them!!
Hugs!!
me

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Pam!! That is so true, I do love seeing where they take us all!! Thank you for visiting and hope you come by often :D

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Suzan! Woooohoo you made my day. You have given me alot of useful advice in the past that I always try and remember! I'm so glad you came by! x0x0x