Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top of the Mornin to Yall!



Happy St. Patricks Day!!! Hope you all have a good one!! I thought I would post a spring flower picture! Oh sweet Helleborus is making it's way into the garden and in a big way. They are popping up daily! I will post another picture later when they get bigger. I am anxious to see this area as time goes on. I planted alot of native stuff that I acquired last summer. I added lots of Mouse-eared Coreopsis, Maidenhair Fern, Wild Geranium, Bloodroot, Hepatica and Foam Flower! Looks like it might be a good day to play in the dirt!! :D
This collage is my latest for the Crowabout Challenge, thanks Nancy for some great images this week!! Let me tell yall where I got the dress! It's is from a photo I took at the Southeastern Flower Show in Atlanta. I was captivated by it. It was an exhibit of a dress made from ornamental cabbage on top and the skirt was made from Belle of Ireland flowers!!!! It was so beautiful and I did not post it in my other pictures from the show in my Flickr, because I knew I would be using it in a collage at some point. I thought it would be appropriate to use it in conjunction with St. Patty's Day! When yall have time, go see it in Molly's Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/27278057@N02/, along with all her other beautiful pictures. You can see it in more detail there.
Yall have a good day!!


17 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Top 'o the 'morning to you, Shelly! Enjoy this beautiful day in the garden. Thank for posting a picture of "spring". It really made me smile!

What can I say about this week's Crowabout entry?!?! Girl, you always manage to blow me away with your creativity. The quote is so powerful, your piece is full of joy. Not to mention that using the picture from the flower show is pure creative genius!
Love U!
Terri :) xoxoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Terri, sweet friend!!! Glad you enjoyed them and thank you for making my day!!
Much love and hugs!

Taluula said...

Top 'o the mornin' to you too. Thanks for cheering me up with the lovely flower picture and what a collage you've created for the Crowabout challenge. Yours are always so wonderful and this is no exception.

Shelly said...

Hi Shelly! Great collage and I loved seeing the flower too! Flowers are just beginning to peek up out of the ground around here. We have a few little bloomers, but since this is our first spring in this house, who knows what kind of surprises we're in for out in the yard! Have a great week!

joanne said...

spring is springing so beautifully here...

lovely flower... and another spectacular collage...

xo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks everyone :D Glad you all seem to be enjoying spring as much as I am! What a beautiful day today! Thanks for coming by, you know I love it :) Hugs!

Anne said...

Pretty collage! And nice sentiment, too! :-)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Anne! Good to see you here :D

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi Shelly! I have just loved seeing all of your intricate and gorgeous collages lately. It is great fun to read the "behind the scenes" on them too. I am jealous of your planting, such a perfect thing to do to welcome in spring. Hope you have a great weekend! marsha

Snap said...

Your collages are all so bright, complex and knock my socks off!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hey Marsha!!! Thank youuuuu! So glad ya came by :D Hubby and I worked outside yesterday putting mulch out, and putting mulch out...it's starting to look like someone lives here again!! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments on my collages, you know how to make my day girly girl!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Snap!! Thank you sooooo much! That is the ultimate compliment I think!! Thanks for dropping by :D

Janny said...

It's a gorgeous piece of work, so much to see. And great colours;o)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Janny! Glad you liked it! Hope you had a nice weekend and glad you came by!

Anneke said...

beautiful piece of work

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you so much Anneke!! Thank you for visiting :D

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love the card with all the colors and images and the hole life in it!!Great fantastic art work.
Hugs Anja