Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Pics and Various Other Things

Pretty kitchen window! I took this yesterday in Joans (Alex's Moms) kitchen....I knew it was going to be pretty when I took it....I love the smiling man!
Kathryn and Alex, aren't they sweet? I loved this picture of them! See the swing they are sitting in? Well.....Kathryn spent the night with them last night after we left and she said when she woke up this morning she heard the wind get up and heard something crash and went out there and that swing blew over and was hanging off the side of the deck!! Then, she had to leave for work.....so she called me and told me about it and while I was talking to her she was saying there was debris laying everywhere and I could tell by her voice she was getting concerned, then she ran over something that fell in front of her car, she had to stop and pull it out from her tire, she gets back in the car and by now she is freaking out....she thought a tornado was coming........I'm trying to calm her down and freaking out at the same time. She turns onto the road she works on and there is a tree down blocking the road......she then says "I gotta go Mom"!

I come running up my stairs to check the weather channel to make sure there isn't a tornado warning. None so far, just high wind advisory......lots of trees have fallen in the area....lots of power outages.....Kat, called back and had to go some roundabout way to work, and none of the traffic lights were working........boy I was glad she made it to work!!! I was thinking I might need to go lay back down after that episode!!! Ready for this stuff to be over.....
Easter Family picture, me, Alyssa, Kathryn and my handsome husband, Raymond or sometimes we call him RayMan!
Joans pretty pot....this is one of the mosaic pots she made! Thought it looked so pretty out there with the plants around it.
Everything looked so pretty....at their house....this is the little pond in the breezeway coming from the front of their house back to the deck. June is the cute little girl getting ready to blow bubbles and throwing pebbles into the pond. She is the daughter of one of their friends. All the children looked so sweet in their Easter clothes!
We had such a great time....everything was not only so pretty, but I've never seen so much food in my life, and everything, every dish was mouthwatering delicious....I was so full when we left.....I think I still am full!!! But what a beautiful day with a beautiful family :D
Took this the other day....not really Easter related.... it was just a pretty day and I am starting to see some bright green in the trees, I will take more again in a few days! I guess some people were burning something down in the valley.
Poor "Little One" had a hard day....... she looks like I felt yesterday! When we got home this is what we saw LOL!!!!
Kinda ready to get back to some art today, I told Molly I was posting on my blog and then going to work on a collage and she told me that I was "bollaging" today....are you bollaging today? Enjoy it, whatever you do!






9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh dear, what a nerve wracking experience that telephone call must have been. Glad everyone is ok. Little One is so adorable. Enjoy getting back in the groove.

Janny said...

Thanks for sharing thes lovely pictures, beautiful family and that cat;o)

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Shelly! Am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful Easter celebration with your gorgeous, gorgeous family! Thanks SO much for sharing all of the fun in your pics!!!

Am happy to hear that everyone's OK. Your area has had some nasty stuff go through in the last few days. Hopefully, it's time for some spring sunshine! BTW - I practically swooned when I saw the picture of your valley! How lucky you are to have such a stunning view! BIG Hugs! Terri xoxo

Alberta and Ava said...

You have such a beautiful family; I always love seeing pictures of your gatherings, and my Easter was uneventful. So I lived vicariously off your celebration. Rayman is a babe btw!

Love,
Alberta

BlueRidgeLady said...

Awwwww thanks Alberta! You made Raymans week!!! LOL! Glad you all came by! I shoulda put the coffee on and had sweet treats for us....well maybe not!! I have been bad!!!!! Hope you all have a great day, I'm going to talk to a lady today about putting our jewelry in her spa! Wish me luck!
See yall! x0x00x00x00xx

joanne said...

your pictures are so incredibly beautiful...thank you for sharing your Easter story and wonderful day... i'm glad there wasn't a tornado!

and oh my gosh... the finishing picture of your kitty.... that is unbelievably precious... haven't we all had days where we feel like that!

xo

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Another lovely post to read about, for the most part! Glad there was no tornado and everyone was safe! I remember spring and early summer tornado weather. I think I am still more scared of tornadoes than earthquakes. Anyway, your Easter sounds like a wonderful and special day and it was truly lovely to read about!

Stephanie Kim said...

that cat pictures cracked me up!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.