Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just Stuff

TORN
Collage Play with Crowabout- Week 30

ROSE FAIRY

Let me try this AGAIN!

This will be only the second time I have tried to post this today. I was editing it after I posted it the first time, and forgot to click "save".... taking a deep breath....
Happy April Fool's Day!!!! I love this day....I always have.....I'm trying to think of a little joke of some sort to play on the family.....hmmmmm.........
I am posting my latest collages. I was trying to experiment with layering when I was making ROSE FAIRY. I painted the entire page a blue color, then colored over the top of that with a pink hiliter pen, then wrote all over it with this metallic blue pen I have.....then sponged over the top with the green and blue......I swear I did......cant cha tell??? NO!!! I can't even tell!!! I am still working on that technique....but I was happy with it otherwise.
As for the "TORN" collage.....well.....taking a deep breath......I had a little trouble...it was late as it often is when I am working on my collages. I had finished pasting on all the images, and was getting ready to do the writing....the writing that I always dread....I am intimidated by the writing!! I'm not good at it and I never know which pen will make it through till the end, even though I have new ones. So I'm writing away...half dozing off evidently....and then I am outlining the letters...hating them.... and then I realize something doesn't look right....oh NO! I forgot to put the "G" in the word "Strength"!!! I was so mad, at ME! So.... got the paint back out and had to try and recover....and had to cram the "G" in there....the white pen deciding not to work this time.....I finally do the best I can with it.....analyzing and dozing.....then I'm thinking something still doesn't look right...... OMG....I forgot to put the "G" in the word "THOUGHTS"!!!! By now, I am LIVID...and gritting my teeth so hard, I can't believe they didn't crack.....so.....get the paint back out, retouch, cram that "G" in there....white pen still not working up to par.....but I get through it.....life is beginning to improve....I'm reading along...dozing....and then I realize....something doesn't look quite right.........oh for crying out LOUD!!!! I forgot to put an "A" in Eleanor Roosevelt's name at the end of the quote!!!!!!!!! Well I couldn't spell HER name wrong!!!! So........you know the rest!!!! By the time I was done...I wanted to RIP "TORN" to shreds!!!!!!!
Been waiting on a pretty day to get back to work outside...ya'll know I have this phobia of working outside when it isn't pretty.....I have 25 bags of mulch sitting there waiting on me to spread....I have a whole line of plants I have acquired....my friend Donna gave me lots of Louisianna Gamecock Iris and some Yellow Flag Iris....and lots of other things we don't know the names of....thank you Donna!!!! Then all the stuff I have bought lately...dianthus, lithodora, snapdragons, azaleas, goldmound spirea, and my new Coral Bark Maple!!! I did manage to get some cleaning done in my much neglected little cabin! I vacuumed and mopped the floors!! Things just have to take turns around here...things can't all look good at the same time can they??!!! Ya'll have a good day! xoxox

8 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Happy April, Shelly!!!! Both of these pieces are terrific! You'd NEVER, EVER know that they caused such anxiety!!!! Here I am, sitting in my little hotel room, (while my husband takes a little nap) and I'm looking at these and drooling at your creativity and talent!!!! Also . . . you'd never, EVER know that lettering freaked you out!!! News to me!!!! I happen to LOVE your lettering and am pea-green with envy at how easy you make it look.

Can't wait to get back home to my little studio. I miss making art BADLY!!!! Hope your sunny day is around the corner!!! I know how much you like to mulch!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Terri!!! I couldn't remember when yall were getting home. Hope that yall are having fun and I know you are! I know you miss your Art too :D We all certainly miss you, just enjoy yourselves with the family. I appreciate your kind words and am so happy you visited me! I just came in from the yard.... have ya ever tried to spread mulch out UP hill?? Hubby put all the bags out for me but on the smaller slope he put them at the bottom instead of on top by the driveway, I didn't even realize it till today...got it all done though (that area) just ready to chill for the rest of the day now. Talk to ya when you get back, have fun!! Hugs!!!!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh my Shelly. I so hear you on the lettering. That is why I still don't do it. I've tried a couple of times and had to practically take a tranquilizer to calm down. That hand lettering gets my heart beating fast. Anyway, your piece turned out beautifully, another stunner! It is a really, really nice piece. I'm thinking I may like it the best so far but then it makes me want to go just go back and look at all of your work again, like it often does, so here I go!

Oh, love hearing about your gardening too. I really do. I wish I knew one little thing about it. Maybe I'll learn from you. (keep posting pix)
marsha

Anonymous said...

Still laughing... " RIP "TORN" to shreds "!!!!
That's like finishing an entire seed bead eyeglass holder before realizing I had messed up the pattern. Oh well, some things are like that. I just LOVE little Rose Fairy! Love, Molly

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Marsha and Molly!!!! I'm so happy yall came to see me! Ya'll had me cracking up as usual! Marsha, I'm laughing about the tranquilizer!!! Can you imagine what would happen to my letters if I took one of those??? Might be comical to do it just to see what happens! LOL!!!!! Molls, how many times have I made a eyeglass holder or a bracelet and forgot one bead or screwed up on the pattern??? No tellin!!! Love yall!!

joanne said...

i just love reading your whole process in creating these and am just can't help giggling along with you... they are both gorgeous outcomes despite your anxiety... so vibrant and lovely... the images AND the lettering...

(i do notice you didn't mention struggling with leaving the "g" out of shopping :)

BlueRidgeLady said...

I was about to have an anxiety attack Joanne!!!! I clicked on it and the "g" is actually there in shopping!!!! Wouldn't have surprised me one single bit!! Thank you for coming by....you still make my day!! xoxox

Anne said...

Hi there! Sorry you had some struggles with the Torn layout! I think we all have those days from time to time. No matter! I think it turned out absolutely splendid! :-)