Saturday, April 18, 2009

Squash Casserole Gone Wrong

I wasn't even going to blog this...but decided to anyhow....I was writing a story that you can't read, about me making the Squash casserole I was taking for Easter dinner. Let me take yall back to the Squash Casserole I made a couple of years ago, that didn't make it to the dinner...I finally got it made....after it took wayyyyy longer than it said it would....and after I dirtied up every dish, bowl, spoon I owned. I bought a special cool container to put it in. One of those kind you can microwave? How smart....I was exhausted and couldn't wait to put it in the refrigerator and I picked it up and the entire special cool container caved in the middle and the entire casserole landed on my feet. Now my feet are burning and I'm PISSED! I had to clean it all up and go to bed with no casserole to take and I wasted all that time! This time it was nothing that dramatic...by any means....but I was making this Squash casserole, dirtying up every single bowl and utensil around...and the recipe calls for 4 1/2 eggs. What!? How bout 3 or 5? So I cracked all 4 of the eggs and got to the last one, cuz this casserole was gonna have 5 eggs I decided......and the 5th egg looked all milky and strange......I had never seen an egg look that way....well good. So does this mean something is wrong with the egg?? Nahhhh....it's fine, it will be fine......but will it? Do I really want to give my entire family and Alex's family salmonella?? Certainly not! So you know what that means, 5 more new eggs! Have you ever tried to throw away 5 eggs? I poured them into a baggie hoping it would stay shut, I guess it did! Needless to say we all lived through it and they even enjoyed it, which made it all worth it :D

Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

Janny said...

Good idea to pore them in a baggie;o)
What a gorgeous piece of work agian girl!
Have a nice weekend! x

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you so much Janny! So good to see you, Hope you have a good weekend too! xox

Anonymous said...

Four and a 1/2 eggs! What the heck?! Comon, commit to that 5th egg, will it really matter that much? Too funny. Glad it turned out well this time. Love ya! Molly

Susan said...

This reminds me of when my Mom made a cake from a very time consuming and elaborate recipe of one of Grandma's friends. The ratio of butter to other ingredients didn't sound right. My Grandma got huffy and offended when my Mom questioned it. So she made the cake as written and when done, it had a tunnel of butter inside. My Mom got so perturbed, she went to the back porch and flung the cake out into the yard.

Isn't it funny the things we remember. Take care, Susan

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Molly!! Thats exactly what I did! I figured it would be fine since I added more squash etc, than it called for. You know how squash cooks down to way more than you planned? So it all worked out and it was good! It better have been! LOL! Okay, I'm really going outside now....Love you and so glad you came by!

BlueRidgeLady said...

ROFL Susan!!!! I could just visualize that whole ordeal with your Mom...and can just see that cake laying on the ground outside! Haaahhaaa....did she ever tell her Mom it didn't work???

Terri Kahrs said...

Holy Cow! You described everything SO perfectly! I could feel that darn casserole hitting my toes too! Yikes!!! 4.5 eggs!!!! What would Martha Stewart do?!?! LOVE reading your posts. They make me smile every time!!! Have a super great weekend!!! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

Taluula said...

You are one amazing lady!!!

Ozstuff said...

I so enjoy your stories!! The thing about eggs is the recipes just say "eggs" when we know they come in different sizes so whether it is 3 or 5 or 4 and a half is a moot point!! Your collage is scrumptious and in no way resembles a failed squash casserole. I saw it at Crowabout too. Wonderful.

Anne said...

Oh my! I would have been such a wreck if my new pretty dish that I had just filled with my special recipe collapsed in the middle and dumped my just-finished creation on my feet! I think I would have had a total meltdown! Great big {{{HUGS!}}} to you! I do love the journaling about the experience. I love all the pretty, cheerful Spring colors! :-)

Tumble Fish Studio said...

You are so funny. What a great post to read. Glad it all worked out fine this time.

I love this collage more than I can tell you! It is so gorgeous, so many details in your work it takes several times to see it all, just like a good movie. Mmmmm. . . fabulous!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.