Friday, May 15, 2009

La Mira

Well thanks to my sweet friend Terri at http://http//pringlehill-terri.blogspot.com/
I have learned to scan my collages!!! She was so kind to send me step by step instructions, that explained how do it. You see I had the scanner, I just never knew how to "use" the scanner! It was easy! Simple Simon! I wondered why I didn't learn how to use it along time ago! Thanks Terri, so much for your help and friendship!

She also told me that I had no excuses now since my camera wasn't working, sooo I knew
I had to participate in the COLLAGE PLAY WITH CROWABOUT challenge at Flickr this week!
I have seriously missed it and all my blog and Flickr friends so much. Been a busy bee working in the yard.....no I still don't have everything planted....never will......because you see I keep buying more! I did get some of my pots on my deck done, and that makes me happy.

Back to the collage though, I really really needed that push from Terri to play. I had the creative block thing going on for way to long....that we all get.....yep the dreaded disease....such a beast....the challenge "forced" me to come up with something... but it was still HARD!!!
You all would be so embarrassed for me, if you saw my work area downstairs.....Hurricane Katrina comes to mind. Another project for me! Yay!! Gotta have it all clean again to work in, so I can mess it up again!

Hope that you all have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Ooooh, Shelly! This is awesome!!! We've been deprived of your work for far too long - it's SO good to see you back! If I'd have known that all you needed was a bit of a push, I'd have nudged you a while ago! LOL!

And, Yippee! Great scanning job! Easy Peasey once you get the hang of it!!!! You're such a Sweetheart! You are so welcome; I was more than happy to help! Thanks for the mention.

Back to this awesome piece! The patterns and colors and SO yummy! You might've been away for a bit, but you still "have it"! You GO, Girl!

You have a fabulous weekend too! Happy Hugs! Terri xoxo

indybev said...

Well, this "esplanes" it! I wondered what happened to you, and I'm glad to see you "arting around" again. This is a great piece, with a daintiness about it, and humor too! I love it.

TonyaA said...

This is fantabulous work as always!

Janny said...

Great! I am glad you found the scanner;o)

Alberta and Ava said...

Shelly I'm so glad to see some of your work again. I've missed your jouyous kaleidescopic maniacal collages! Whether in words or in picures, you always manage to inspire me.

XXOOO

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, that sounds just like Terri, being all nice and helpful like that! hee hee She is such a jewel, but so are you!

I love the Collage Play group and I have not been good about participating lately. I plan to renew my commitment when I get back. It will be an added extra wonderful thing to have you playing too.

A scanner tip from me. It took me a long time to figure out that I could change the settings on my scanner so that the colors were more true to life than they were coming out in the pix I posted. For my scanner, I had to adjust the brightness to -20 and the contrast to +12 to get it to show up on my computer as my work really looks in real life. Now, not all monitors show your pix the same so even if my monitor shows my scans accurately they may look duller or brighter or someone else's montior. But, at least I am starting out with my own screen matching my artwork. Just a little thing I learned. You will find scanning your pictures to help you so much! I use it for all kinds of things now. Can't wait to see more of what you do too!

Have a great week nice lady!
marsha

Taluula said...

I too wondered where you were and now I know. I'm so pleased you've learned to scan and my goodness this collage is a corker (Brit speak for gorgeous.)