Monday, June 15, 2009

Smile, Laugh, Dream


This collage was for the Collage Play with Crowabout challenge. I didn't play last week and ended up combining last weeks and probably several other weeks images into this one! Yes a little bit of everything!!

Looking forward to seeing my Mom and Aunt! We always have such a good time together. My Mom lives in Florida, and I love to go visit her. Onetime during Spring break Molly and I took our girls down to our Moms for a visit. About the 2nd day there, Mollys daughter, my niece, got sick. Had the stomach virus. Had to go straight to bed, sick as a dog...next day...one of my daughters gets sick....it was awful!!! Gets worse though...next day my other daughter sick.......by now it was like the inpending doom of when it was going to hit me or anyone else. I was seriously thinking of throwing everything in the car and fleeing back to GA! So I layed there as long as I could that morning and finally I couldnt stand it anymore! I got up and went in and woke up Molly...I stuck my head in the door and whispered..."Lets go"!!!! She just looked at me and said "yeaaaaaa" so we go wake up my Mom and step dad and tell them we are leaving. As we are gathering up stuff and packing Molly says "Um I dont feel so good" and the next thing I know she's SICK!!! By now I am franic....so my girls were staying a couple of weeks with Mom anyhow so Molly said to take her car home and they would fly home. So I did! I fled out of there on two wheels......just hoping so badly that it didn't hit me in Valdosta or somewhere ....but I make it back to Atlanta fine....I've already stopped by the store for my saltine crackers and sprite! I'm feeling fine though! Never did get sick!!! My Mom and stepdad never did either...so glad, but felt so bad for Molly and the girls! Anyway, the next year we went back again......and on the way there, we decided to play a joke on Mom and Donnie. We stopped at the store and bought facial masks!!!! We decided we would pull up and all have them on! So we were almost to their house and we all had the masks on laughing hysterically.....we turn into the drive way and what do we see? Mom and Donnie are sitting there on the front porch waiting on us and they have the same masks on!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! ROFL!!! Haaahh haa it was so funny! Everyone was laughing so hard we couldnt breathe!!! It took us 20 minutes to finish laughing so we could unload the car!!! I could tell you a thousand more stories....but I guess that is for another post!
Have sweet dreams!!

8 comments:

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about all the tummy troubles! At least everyone didn't get sick with it.

That's too funny about having the same idea with the face masks! it must have been quite hysterical to see.

Bright and fun collage as always! I looked at the collage elements for this week but nothing "hit" me. Oh well, maybe next week.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I love your stories! It is such a true gift when parents and kids and grandkids are all on the same page - especially when looking for the fun side of life. You are blessed!

You know I love your art too! Another fabulous and scrumptious piece. You are so good at pulling so many things together in one gorgeous finished piece. I think I've told you that before. I need to save something to write in flickr later.! Well done, Missy!

Enjoy your Mom and Aunt!
marsha

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Jen and Marsha!!! So glad you both came by. I hope you know you both made my day! Have a nice afternoon! Hugs!

Janny said...

Great colage. Have fun with your mom and aunt and I hope that nobody is goning to be sick this time;o)

NancyB said...

What a great and not so great story! Sorry about everyone getting sick! Glad your ok! Knock on wood! What a riot about he masks! Somebody slipped up! hee hee I have something for you on my new blog http://crowabout.blogspot.com
xoxo
NancyB

Marit said...

Hi there! Just found you via Nancy's blog... some great art overhere! Thanks for the inspiration! Now that I found you, I will be back for more eyecandy and amazing stories!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks for stopping by Janny, Nancy & Marit!! Marit it is so nice to meet you!!! Nancy I wish I could give you a big ole hug for giving me such a cool award! I appreciate it so much, you keep me laughing all the time too, thanks for your friendship!!! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Snap said...

Enjoy your visit (great story). Love the journal page .. always so colorful!