Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fairytales

I finished this collage last night. Since one of the images we could use was the word "Fairytale," it reminded me of a story I read my daughter Kathryn when she was little, so I journaled about that on the collage. It's a funny story that we still laugh about!

I wasn't happy with the background the entire time I was gluing the images down. It was too pale and boring....so after I got everything glued where I wanted it, I got the paint back out and added more color! Then I journaled on top around the images.

It has been so nice here! I have had the windows open for the past few days! I got up yesterday morning and it was 55 degrees!! I'm loving it! Highly unusual for July. Speaking of July, it's my MOM Barbara's BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Happy Birthday MOM!!!!!! I love you and miss you already!! Time to make coffee and give her a call!
Hope you all have a beautiful day, and I will talk to you soon!!

13 comments:

Susan said...

This is so colorful and "impish". Cute story, poor little thing. Hope your Mom's birthday is a happy one. Take care and enjoy the week. Susan

Blasé said...

..dum de de dum dum dah dah dee dee....oh, sorry, I was just chiming along with the background music...

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, this collage is ADORABLE! And the kitty is precious! Hope that your Mom had a super Happy Day! Hugs, Terri xoxo

icandy... said...

Oh my!!!!!!!!! This is wonderful!

Christina :)

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Normally I would comment your gorgeous work first, but since we are in the midst of a horrible heat wave here, I will first tell you how very jealous I am of your 55 degrees! Ah, the grass is always greener. In the winter we can't wait for summer and when it's been here a week or two, can't wait for winter.

Okay, now the more important part - gorgeous wonderful Fairy Tales! Oh I love all of your work, but this one is just magical with it's colors and imagery and the thought of the story you told your daughter. Well done!

Marit said...

Love, love, LOVE this!!!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hey guys!!! Thank you all so much for your ever so kind comments! I am not feeling too good, and yall really really made my day!! Thanks for stopping by! xox

Silke said...

Hi there, I didn't have time to leave a comment earlier, but wanted to be sure to do so now! I love your blog and your art! Your journal pages and collages looks so happy and harmonious. I am looking forward to visiting often! Hope you are feeling better today!! :) Silke

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Silkie! Thank you so much for you comment. You made me feel better by just stopping by!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Hello! Just popping over to say hello and sign up to be a follower. I just love your collage work! It's so bright and pretty and FUN! Hope you're having a wonderful week.
Holly
HollyLovesArt.blogspot.com

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Holly!!

Thank you for your sweet comments, they mean alot to me since I am one of your biggest fans! Glad you came by! Hugs

Daniel McGinness said...

Thanks for showing me how to work my blogger account. Awesome picture!!!

Janny said...

Gorgeous!