Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Retro

My latest collage :D I loved playing in the Crowabout Group this week on Flickr. Nancy posted some really fun images for us to use this week! When I saw the disco ball and the pink Metro 1970 image it took me back. I have always been a big fan of 1970's art Psychedelic art....Peter Max stuff for an example.....the poster art etc. I am amazed at the artists who created them. I loved the fonts....and the colors......and of course, the flowers!!!!! I was just talking to my daughter about how we used to make big paper flowers, remember them?? I wish I could find the "Fun Flowers" present I got as a gift for Christmas one year......kinda like creepy crawlers but boys always had those....we girls had Fun Flowers! The neon goop that we squeezed into the molds, I can still smell. We used to lay the finished flowers up into the light globes in our rooms and they all looked so pretty with the light shining above them.

I am beginning to feel better, I have been recuperating from another Diverticulitis flare up.....the antibiotics are starting to do their job. The doctor says if I have another one he will want to do another ct scan......sure isn't much fun......but I am feeling much better and am at this very moment, waiting for my brother Mike and my niece and nephew to pull up! They came up from Fl. for a vacation and are coming to spend the night with us!!! Can't wait to see them!

Better get crackin around here, but just wanted to say hello!

See y'all soon!

8 comments:

Silke said...

I LOVE what you did with this week's collage! You are inspiring me to get going with mine. I printed out the sheet today and played around with it a bit. Tomorrow is the day!!
Glad you are feeling better - diverticulitis is no fun! Sorry you have to deal with that!! Enjoy the visit with your family! Hugs, Silke

Alberta said...

I should have known you loved Petr Max too! This is deliciously funny, Shelly. I have an award for you on my blog BBFF.

XOXO

Terri Kahrs said...

Hey, Miss Shelly! First, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. Am hoping that you're feeling much better so that you can enjoy your company.

Second, I too am a BIG Peter Max fan! LOVED his stuff and still do! Yup! I am a child of the '60s!!! And, yes, I do remember the big paper flowers! SO fun!!!

Feel better 'Darlin! You know I'm sending big, Huge hugs and blessings too! Love U! Terri xoxo

Snap said...

I love *this is your brain on art* -- I'll be giggling all night!

Hope the diverticulitis gets better quick. No fun.

Marit said...

Hi there - "collegue flower power girl"!
LOVE your psychadelic/seventies/flower page!
(did one myself once) Get well soon!

Taluula said...

Your interpretation this week is inspired and so much fun. Brilliant my dear.

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

I love your hippie panda! I haven't been able to come up with anything for this week.

I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather. I hope everything gets back to normal soon!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you all so much for your comments and for stopping by to see me!