Thursday, July 16, 2009

Well Hello!

My daughter Kathryn called me crying yesterday morning...."Mom, I totalled my car"....you know that sickening sinking feeling you feel when you hear things like this? Well I had just opened my eyes and was staggering into the kitchen to fix my coffee....thank God she was okay. Luckily I was planning on driving down to spend the night with Molly anyhow, so I could see Kathryn too. She hit her head so her boyfriend took her to the hospital to get checked out and they said she was fine. They came over to Mollys later in the day.....Alyssa didn't get to come because she had to study for a test. Kathryn is so sore all over, I felt so sorry for her!!! Just so glad she is okay. I guess I will never get over my nervousness of them driving no matter how old they are!

We had so much fun at Molly's! She made spaghetti and it was delicious! We played Guesstures and Scattergories. It was hilarious as always! Today I had to take her to pick up her van where it was being repaired. We decided would visit some of the shops in town. Lots of things to drool over and admire!!!

Over the past weekend, Kathryn and Alex came up here for the weekend. On Friday, Kathryn and I were taking some things over to put in my jewelry case at the Spa....I had bought this glass bowl and some pretty marbles I was going to put in it. Since the Spa had customers I took the bowl and marbles outside to pour them in because I was trying to be quiet. I came back inside the store and Kathryn was sitting on the floor arranging the jewelry inside the case. I'm standing there holding the bowl of marbles and all of a sudden out of no where the bowl degenerates in my hand and shatters onto the floor!!!! Miniature shards of glass and marbles were everyyyyy whereee!!!!!! Well great!! I just stood there stunned. So my friend Jane who works there, swept up the glass and we sifted through it all and rescued all the marbles. What a mess!!! I was so embarrassed....so much for being quiet!!!! Then, had to go buy another bowl to put in there! We finally got everything under control! Glad Kathryn escaped injury that day too!!!!

I've been working on collages a little but am so behind...I will finish them one of these days......making some new jewelry too! I have lots of catching up to do on all your blogs and on Flickr...I know you all know how it is! Just wanted to say hi to you all and tell you all the latest!!

See Yall Soon!!

4 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

There IS a God, and there are angels guardian angels of protection that watch over our kids and our families. I truly believe this, Shelly. Thank God that your beautiful Kathryn is OK. That's ALL that matters.

My son totaled his car a few weeks before Christmas. He cracked his sternum and was in awful pain a about six weeks or so. The important thing was that he had his seatbelt on and was ok. (He swerved to avoid hitting a deer and hit a telephone pole instead - head on, dead center!) I'm SOOOO happy to hear that she's fine. See . . . angels, My Friend!

On the other hand, I could just picture the SPA/marble incident!!!! Sounds like something that would happen to me!!!!

Thanks for "checking in"! Am sending you a HUGE - it'll be OK HUG!!!! xoxoxo Terri

Blasé said...

I'm just glad you weren't hurt by the shattered glass bowl. Be safe this weekend.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh I am so glad to know your daughter is okay! Now, you've got me really nervous! My kids are both getting their licenses this fall! Yikes, yikes, yikes! I don't know how I will survive it!

I have a lot of reading to do here, I am so far behind!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Terri, Blase & Marsha! Thanks so much for the kind words and concern! Terri, I had no idea that happened to your son. So glad that he was okay!! Well I imagine he was in quite a bit of pain for a good while! Pesky deers!!! Marsha, didn't mean to make you more nervous!! All I can tell you is when the time comes, stay busy, do more art lol!!!

Blase, have I told you how much I love your blog? Hope that you all had a great weekend!