Saturday, August 22, 2009

Imagine

Just finished this one this morning. Had such fun. I painted the background a bright pink...let that dry, then painted over it with a pretty green, scraping it off with a plastic card. After it was dry again I went over the entire page with a pink hi liter pen. Then I finished it off with a coat of an orange Twinkling H2o paint to give it some sheen. I have a hard time remembering where I get these images. Some of them are from Nancy Baumiller, and the wings may be from Suzan Buckner and other images from Mary Dover Publishing.

It's a beautiful day today in the mountains! The rain is outta here for a few days! Glad we got it but so nice to see the sun!!! Don't we all feel so much better when the suns out???!
Hope you all have a fun, creative, adventurous, relaxing weekend!

6 comments:

Taluula said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous, I love it.

Snap said...

What fun you had with this one! It's great! I know what you mean about the sun, but I'll take the rain -- please. In a drought here in the tropics! (Hard to believe, I know!)

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I just saw this in your flickr and it is truly wonderful! Wow! I just can't get over how lovely and spectacular it is! The quote is wonderful and you punched it so well with the images! Outstanding work!

Terri Kahrs said...

SOoooo pretty, Shelly! What a yummy background! All of your hard work shows beautifully! Enjoy your weekend! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much yall!!! You all make my days! Hope you all have a good weekend too!!!

Love!
Shelly

indybev said...

That background is worth all your hard work, Shelly. It's a rich and lovely setting for your barefoot contessa with the wise advice. This one's a beauty. Well done!