Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Loose Lady

I just finished this collage last night for the Crowabout Group. Had so much fun with this one...I loveee when I finally figure out the layout of everything and then I can just paste and doodle on the finished product.....it takes me an eternity to deciiiiide all that........same thing happens when I am making a necklace or a bracelet....the design is what takes the time....lately everytime I do either one I end up with a stabbing headache on my left side of my head and neck. I mentioned this to my friend Jane yesterday....Jane is a massage therapist and after talking to her she told me to come in to the spa today and she would work on my neck... ohhhh.... what a wonderful dayyy it wassss.....she used a lovely aromatic oil and she massaged it and had me in traction! Pulling my neck this way and that.....sometimes it hurt but I knew it was loosening up the bound up areas. I felt wonderfullllll! She is so amazing... she does such a great job and it was so interesting talking to her about how tension and strain and so many things bind us up and cause pain....makes perfect sense. As crazy as it sounds though, art is therapeudic......I guess I just need to stop and take some breaks from all the fun!! Still loved making "Loose Lady" and just thought Nancy really gave us some great images to use this week! Speaking of Loose Lady, notice at the bottom of the collage it says that "Loose Lady loved Wine" a friend of mine on Flickr said she must be loose too because she loved her wine....and I laughed and then I thought well, does that mean I'm loose too because I love my wine? Laughed again! I miss my wine! I was on those awful Flagyl antibiotics for way too long, and I couldn't drink anything. I have been off of them now for a week, guess it's out of my system by now, but wanted to be sure!! Maybe a glass will be in order tomorrow evening!! Hope you all enjoy yours!! x0x

13 comments:

Snap said...

Loose lady is great. If wine makes us loose -- the world is full of us! :D Hope your neck stays better. Sounds like you had a good time getting it *fixed*!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Fabulous work! You did an amazing job with these elements! Very well done and very well designed - that time you take shows, my dear. And without wine? Even more amazing. Don't you find a little sip opens up the door for more muses? Or is it just me? Oh, I guess I'm loose too! My hubby says he likes loose ladies so I guess that's a good thing . . . ?

kartika said...

Your work is really fun! Thanks for sharing it and your story! I love collage and mixed media, too! I just get completely lost while being creative - I love it when you completely lose the sense of time and just live in the moment making art! Kartika

Terri Kahrs said...

Ooooo! A massage sounds soooo good, Shelly! A little pampering is not only good for the body, but good for the soul too!

Love "Loose Lady"! I definitely think a glass of wine is in order! LOL I'll life a glass to you toight too, so that you stay well! Hugs, Terri xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

LOL Terri! Thank you! We will toast to each other tonight okay?!! I will if you will! LOL hugs!!

kartika said...

Hi again! I just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. Actually, to be more accurate I use board painted and primed with gesso for the support - I have been getting board from friends and a carpenter I know so that has been nice! What do you use for your supports? Oh, don't you love those cats! Yes, Leanne is a Birman and I found her at shelter - they didn't even know - thought she was a Himalayan - and they do look so much like Rag Dolls! I don't know much about Rag Dolls except that they are very pretty and I hear cuddly! Thanks again for stopping by! Hugs!

The Paris Salon said...

Shelly I love this piece!! That fish behind (or going through?) his head is brilliant!! And I immediately spotted the line about loose women loving wine..... strange what draws my attention eh? Your doodles are terrific, I especially love all those 'snaky' ones ;)
xo,
Gaye

Dezinaworld said...

Wow brilliant collage !! I do enjoy collage too and keep meaning to join crowabout but time and comittments with my new blog have conspired to stop me at the present but seeing your work ... inspirational
i shall be back
hugs June x

BlueRidgeLady said...

Aww thank you June! I appreciate that alot, I know what you mean about finding the time. I haven't been able to play every week, but I try to as often as I can because it's so much fun and such a fun group!!

Thanks for stopping by and to my fellow loose lady's Marsha, Snap, Terri, and Kartika here's to ya! Thank you all for visiting!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh it came together fabUlously!!! There is so much to look at and it all fits so well together!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Holly!! Glad you liked it :D Hope your having a good night. Soo glad you came by! xoxox

Michele said...

I really really like this piece! It is so fun. I especially like the black and white swirls at the top.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Michele!! I wish I could take credit for the black and white swirls at the top!!! They are by Nancy Baumiller, the administrator for the Crowabout Group on Flickr. She is so amazing!! These were some of the images she gave us to create a collage for the challenge, I loved them too!!! Thanks for stopping by!