Thursday, September 10, 2009

Le Petit Journal

In this collage I was writing about the fun night we had! I wish I would have just told you all about it instead of writing/journaling in the collage...I really, really do. We had such fun! I went to my sisters and we ate dinner and then my sister, niece and I, met Alyssa and Kathryn at the movies! We saw Julie & Julia!!! We all loved it! It was such fun seeing it with them. We laughed and laughed and it was such fun learning about the life of Julia Child, I think I want to read her book now. My sister and and family had seen her kitchen that is displayed at the Smithsonian. They were airing some of her old cooking shows on PBS recently....I loved watching them...I tried to make omelets like I saw her making. She didn't even use a utensil of any sort while making them! I tried to flip the omelet like she did, but it didn't work, and I had to use the spatula. Ha, maybe I didn't use enough BUTTER! They were very good though!

Been busy as ever lately, and just got back from a little much needed vacation!! So glad my husband was able to get away for a few days! We had such fun seeing everyone and just having fun. I'm already ready to go on another one. Always good to be back home though, isn't it? I have lots of blogs and Flickr friends to visit!! Where do the days go? Hope you all have a good night!

7 comments:

Susan said...

So glad you had a fun time. Sisters are a special breed, aren't they? I have been wanting to see that movie. Thanks for the review. Have a great weekend! Susan

Snap said...

Wasn't Julie and Julia fun?!!! I loved it. I made Mr. Dragon take me the day it opened. You must read the Julia book. I loved it and Mr. Dragon enjoyed it also. So glad you had a great time. It's nice to get away for a few days. Wonderful page, as usual!

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhhh . . . I'm dying to see "Julie & Julia"! Glad to hear that you loved it. (I can't flip an omelet - or for that matter anything else - either!)

We're off on vacation in a week or two. Can't wait! You sound totally rested and relaxed. You deserve it, Girlfriend!

Love your new piece, especially the clematis crown! So bright and happy! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Awww thank you all so much! I love hearing from you all! Susan and Terri can't wait for you both to see the movie! Snap, I think I will read Julia's book, I'm glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed it! I think it's romantic that he read it too and liked it! Something romantic about that yes....Terri you are so funny! Glad you are getting away for a nice vacation, you deserve it too!!
Yall have a lovely weekend!

Alberta said...

What a wonderful time it sounds like you all had, and your journal page is so fun and feminine. I have to admit, I've been missing your art, but I'm glad you had a good trip. I adore the purple, orange, and black together! I haven't seen Julie and Julia yet, but my sister has, and she also loved it, so I must go see it too. I think we need to start thinking about some type of art weekend for all of us kindred spirits in the southeast, don't you?

BlueRidgeLady said...

Oh Alberta that would be so fun! We'd have a time! Thank you so much, honestly I almost didn't even post this one! So good to see you and so glad you stopped by my BFFF!!

Anonymous said...

Oh we did have fun didn't we! Love the clematis in this collage. :)

Love ya, Mollita