Friday, September 11, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


I remember.....we all do....what we were doing when we found out what had happened to our country that day. Watching it happen before our eyes seemed like a disaster movie about the end of the world to me. So stunned by it all, and having to consume the fact that it was really happening. Nothing like what the families of those who lost loved ones had to deal with and are still dealing with. When I saw this drawing by Mike Lucovitch in the Atlanta Journal, I just cried and cried. I still cry when I look at it....no words are needed are they?

4 comments:

Snap said...

Great drawing. Thanks for sharing with us. It really does say it all.

Terri Kahrs said...

I adore Mike Lucovitch. Pretty much says it all, doesn't it??? Thanks for sharing this, Shelly. God bless America and those who serve. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Doris Sturm said...

No words indeed, just pain, tears and sad memories...what an utterly devastating day that was! It was like a horrible nightmare!

I've never seen that drawing before. Thanks for posting it.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks sweet friends for coming by {{{{Hugs}}}}today is a happy day! Going out to dinner with my husband and just enjoying the day! Glad to see you all!