Friday, October 16, 2009

Bird Watcher


The waterfall came from Rainbow Mermaid, border and lady came from Nancy Baumiller, and the top and bottom borders came from a thank you card my neighbor sent me, the star of the collage, the Painted Bunting, came from a flyer I got in the mail. The roses at the top are REALLY a bright pink color...I wish they would scan that way!!

Getting chilly up on the mountain! I had to go to the dentist yesterday...that was fun...and I left the cabin in capris and sandals...oh it will warm up I thought, because lately by the afternoon I'm burning up..well not yesterday! I was even cold in the mall where the dentist office is! Still cloudy and gloomy so I didn't get the pansies planted. Maybe tomorrow, or next week! Everytime I say "next week" I think of my nephew Daniel when he was little. I went down to Florida for a visit with my Mom and my brother and his kids came over and when they were leaving, I said "Daniel, come give me a kiss bye," and he got all shy and smiled with those cute half moon eyes and said "maybe next week"!!! LOL!!! So...how did I get on that subject??

I bet ya'll will be glad when I get a new camera so I can post some photographs instead of these ole collages!! Hope that you all have a fun filled fabulous weekend!

10 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Have a lovely weekend!

Holly

Silke said...

What a gorgeous collage! I love how you put all those pieces together - they look like they've belonged together all along!! I think it's finally getting cool in Savannah this weekend - can't wait!! :) Silke

Susan said...

I'm always happy when someone gets a new camera, for any reason. We love y'all's ole collages. We are supposed to have flurries this weekend. My upcoming vacation in Cali is looking better and better. Take care and have a great weekend. Susan

BlueRidgeLady said...

Good Morning ladies! Thank you all for coming :D, for your kind comments, and making my day! Susan if I don't see the sun soon I may be going with you to Cali! Shhheesh! Bet you are excited! Glad for you =)

Lindart said...

I love the collage!! Photos are nice, but this collage is fab!

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, you've started my day with a huge smile!!! Such a pretty, pretty piece! I just LOVE that pretty bunting!

I know exactly what you mean by "cold" - Honey, we had SNOW on Thursday! It's snowed and snowed all afternoon into the early evening. Stuck on the trees and grass too. That sure was a surprise from Mother Nature!

Stay warm and well! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

indybev said...

I don't know how I managed to miss this one. I could bathe in the colors! You have such a magic touch, Shelly, to fill the page with wonderfulness. I'm a big fan!

Janny said...

What a fabulous piece of work!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks yall! Glad you liked this page! I had the borders done and I was stuck trying to figure out what the main image was going to be. I left it and did some other things and then I was looking through some mail on the counter and there it was....beautiful Painted Bunting Boy! It's crazy how ideas and images pop up when you least expect it, and then when you see it you just "know" thats the one! Glad you all came by, see yall later! xox

Becky said...

This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL piece! I love birds, and the colors are fabulous. :)