Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Contortionist


Finished this one last night for the Crowabout group...quicker than normal! Most of the images came from Nancy Baumiller. I had to top border for sometime now, from Dover Publishing, and finally I found a place for it. I created the side scalloped borders and the others came from Nancy. The elephant and the Leopards came from Playingwithbrushes on Flickr. It was a bit of a challenge trying to decide what to do with Contortionist man, but that is what challenges are for I guess! I'm excited and looking forward to Nancy's new class starting tomorrow!! You can click on the Collage Dreams on Paper Workshop link to the right, or the Crowabout blog and read about it if you are interested!!!

It has gotten very cold here over the past couple of days and that's okay because the SUN is out!! First day I have seen the sun in many many days! My husband has been working allll weekend outside spraying a big building! I'm sure he is looking forward to being home and warm and relaxing for a little while at least! I'm just having fun on Flickr and on my blog today and drinking coffee! Have yall tried the Pumpkin Spice coffee from WORLD MARKET yet? Molly gave me some! I took some and mixed it with my regular coffee and so noww it has that hint of pumpkin flavor and it's really REALLY good! Think it's surely time for a second cup, don't you? You all enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

Julia said...

So much to see on this fabulous collage! Love it!Great colors too!

Terri Kahrs said...

LOVE the color in this piece, Shelly! And those borders are fantastic! See you in Crowabout Class! I'm soooo excited! Hugs, Terri xoxo

indybev said...

This piece is gorgeous, Shelly. You asked if I cut out the monkeys on my piece. No - it's one of my favorite functions of PSE-5...the ability to take out the background, or extraction. I work mostly in Digital Image Pro, but use PSE for extractions.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you all so much! Sure hope you all had a nice weekend:D Terri, I'll see you in class!! Gotta get my coffee and wake up a little, didn't sleep good last night..I was cutting and pasting in my mind I think!

Bev...now if that's not the coolest tool ever! Now that could save alot of time! How interesting...where do I find Digital Image Pro and PSE-5...I tried to do a search on it and I found a gallery something I could download but I didn't know if that was the program itself or a portion of it. Is it free or do I have to buy it?

Marit said...

Teehee... had to look up that word (contortionist?) but once I found it, I like your page even more!!! Wonderful!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Haa haa Marit!! Thanks for coming back, I learn something new everyday!! Hope you are having a good night! Hugs!

LiveArt said...

Hi there :) to celebrate, and thank my 50 followers for all their wonderful comments I'm having a giveaway, your name is already in the hat for the draw and if you have a moment you're more than welcome to pop by to check it out!!

Thank you so much, Linda

Janny said...

Great piece of work!

julie Haymaker thompson said...

love your work I am n ow a new follower!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Linda, sure appreciate you including me, and congratulations on your 50 followers!! Speaking of followers Hi Julie!!! Thank you so much and so glad to meet you! I love followers! I plan to visit your blog too!! Janny, so glad you came by, I need to visit your blog too!!! I may not get around to visiting as much as I'd like, but I'm so grateful to all of you who come by and say hello!