Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



Hello my sweets!! What are yall doing for Halloween? You know, I have never lived anywhere where I got trick r treaters! The house we lived in before I moved up here to the cabin, had this long driveway back at the end of a culdesac, and now I live up on a mountain...but..Blue Ridge has the most fun on Halloween. They shut the entire Main Street down, and everyone takes the kids there for the night, all the stores give out candy, there are costume contests and it's a huge deal, lots of fun to go and people watch!! Hope the rain clears out before tonight!! I just found out from my daughter Kathryn, that my niece Megan, and her boyfriend Austin, are going to be "Taylor Swift and Kanye West'!!!! Isn't that funny! I can't wait to see the pictures of THIS!! Maybe I can share it with yall! Whatever you do, enjoy the night...hee heehhaaaaahhaaaa!

I was at Bella Euphoria in Blue Ridge talking to my friend Cynthia, the owner. She hops up and says, I want you to draw this for me! She had received a beautiful sunflower from a friend that she had put into a wine bottle she had on display. It had a metal rectangular piece tied with ribbon looped over the bottle, of that man in the corner...I'm thinking...how can I draw this? She had taken a picture of it so she printed it out for me and that's what I had to go by...I realized that just cutting it out and pasting it into a collage wouldn't really look right. So I just started drawing and then I had to figure out how to get the man on metal involved! So I scanned him in and cut him out, I knew better than to try and draw him!! The bottle was a challenge......I don't see how artist do this, where you can see through it, see the wine level inside....AND mainly how to get the shape the same on both sides!! It's all so amateur but anyways this is it, I couldn't post it until I gave it to her because I didn't want her to see it on my blog first LOL! I took it by there the other day and she wasn't there, so I left it for her, hope she likes it!
Now I can show it to yall!

6 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, this is absolutely CHARMing!!! Who knew you could draw??? Nice work for a first try!!! There's some real talent there, Girlfriend!!!

Have fun tonight and take LOTS of pics! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Taluula said...

You should be proud Shelly, this is stunning. You CAN draw!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Gosh yall....thanks!!!!!

indybev said...

Your friend will be delighted, Shelly. It's personal and it's special!

Flor Larios Art said...

Great drawing!

Have a super Halloween!

Snap said...

I love it and I bet Cynthia loves it too!