Friday, October 2, 2009

Hope


Copyright by Shelly Allred 10/2/09. All rights reserved. You may not copy, print, or download this image in any way without my permission.

Just finished this collage today. The green lady came from Nancy Baumiller at Crowabout...the peacock image behind her came from free image site on Flickr..the borders came from a 1950's Whitman story book....the top border came from some pretty paper I bought at Bella Euphoria in Blue Ridge, GA. I painted the background with several greens and twinkling H2o's to add shimmer. I then stamped the background designs on. I bought these clear stamps the other day, not sure what I think of them yet! As you can see I altered the peacock feather image to the EXTREME to give it some punch! The quote from Albert Einstein I actually got from my sister Molly, a quote she had posted on Facebook. I wish you could see it the way the original looks...there are little pretty pink dots going around the borders and around the flowery design on the right..that you don't see here and not to mention the whole collage gleams and shines with my gold glitter pen I used..but, you get the idea!! I'm really becoming terrified lately to write on my collages...one of these days I will attempt to try and become less perfect and really cut loose!! I am now reminded of the sweet email I got from Susan Keene at A Walk In The Park from asking me if I knew of Lynda Barry, the cartoonist's art. She had just purchased her new book called "What Is It" and said that she was reminded of my collages when she looked through it...I found it on Amazon and my goodness, I don't know if my art would be near worthy enough to be compared, but when I looked at it I realized that there is one difference and that is what I was referring to above...my need to think everything has to be perfect! Anyway, she seems to have quite a sense of humor, I might have to buy it too! Thanks Susan!! I was thinking I didn't have much to say today, I guess I was wrong!
Hope that you all have a fun weekend of everything you want it to be and more!

17 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Shelly! She's beautiful! I know what you you mean about the journaling. I'm terrified of "writing" my words. I never feel as though they're up to the quality of my artwork. Frankly, Darlin', I thought your journaling was the cat's meow! You have a really nice weekend too! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Julia said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog ! I think your art is amazing ! Yesterday I clicked your "follow" button , today I add you to my bloglist:)

Susan said...

I think everyone struggles with wanting everything to be "perfect". I am so in awe of your ability to write so beautifully on your collages. Just allowing myself to write at all on a piece is such a challenge. Perhaps I'll work on that some this weekend. Enjoy your weekend, Susan.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Good morning, you great artist! I have gladly added your blog to my 'Blog List' and I invite you to follow my traveling blog! Kind regards, Philip.

JennyMac said...

The collage is so pretty and I love your creative artistry. I have not seen anything quite like this...really enjoyed it.

Lindart said...

Hi! I have a question about "Crowabout" - could you contact me please? Thanks!

Holly Loves Art said...

B E A U T I F U L !! Love this work! Have a lovely evening.

Holly

Blasé said...

Hey, I saw some Peacocks at the Zoo!

Blasé said...

yes Sweety, in Ashboro...on Zoo Pkwy. Y'all need to get y'all's hineys out there and enjoy!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Yes we do!!!!

Marit said...

That's such a nice quote to post on my birthday! Thanks!

Alberta said...

Shelly, This is one of your most gorgeous collages ever. The balance of the golden yellow on the page and the repetition of the filigre in the stamping create a unified, but dynamic composition. All of these images remind me of your joyous personality and your love of gardening. I know this is short notice, but my sister and nieces have rented a cabin in Blue Ridge this coming weekend and invited me to come along. If you have any free time Sat. or Sunday, it would be wonderful to get together.

Love,
Alberta

Janny said...

It's so beautiful!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Marit, Alberta & Janny, for coming by and for the ever so sweet comments!!! Alberta, I left a message for ya on Flickr :D

joanne said...

it seems like forever since i stopped by and so i'm so glad i clicked through to be reminded of the gorgeousness to immerse in here... all of your artwork is just so lovely... i'm feeling so much creative inspiration with each image :) ... i just love the bursting colors in the piece you have posted here... and the quote you have chosen is just perfect for the page...

thank you so much for sharing :)

xo

Tumble Fish Studio said...

So truly lovely! I know what you mean about lettering. I am terrified of it and obviously I have this "thing" about precision. Can't not be neat and tidy in my own work despite my secret wishes to be the opposite. I am very attracted to expressive un-perfect whimsy. It's a compulsion and curse, not a talent I work with. So, I need to look at the book too! What I love about your work is your ability to pull lots of elements, colors, shapes, lines, and pictures all into one piece and make them look like they all belong so perfectly, meant to be together. You did it again!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.