Monday, November 2, 2009

Jail Birds


This collage was for the Crowabout Group. I got the plant images from a magazine. I wish I knew what that plant with the purple leaves was! Looks so pretty with the Alliums and the bright green plant, not sure what it is...but Goldmound Spirea would be pretty! Most of the borders are from Nancy Baumiller, I got the birds frommm...that Free image site on Flickr, and at the moment I can't remember who posted it. The background was another image she gave us to use that I enlarged and printed out on cardstock...I painted over it some to give it some color and by the time I did that and pasted everything on, you can't even tell I used the image! Had lots of fun with it though. Hope you all have some kind of fun today, see yall soon!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

Hi Shelly!
your collages just amaze me! Love them!
xoxo~
Abbie

Snap said...

You had a great time with this one.I love the little girl coming out of the flowers!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh my goodness! I saw this pop up in my previews and gasped! Oh my gosh, it is so beautiful and intricate! Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, . . . infinity. I love it!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you all!! Abbie I love your new blog!! Love seeing your pictures and always think...how does she have time to do all this! Thanks for all you do!!!

Snap- You know what? I had all these papers and stuff from magazines laying by me on the desk and then I was sweeping up scraps and there was a little square on the floor and when I checked to make sure it wasn't something I wanted to keep I turned it over and there was DORA THE EXPLORER! It was actually a picture of a video game but she was so cute and sweet I had to inject her into the scene and that little guy on down in the stems of the plant came with her! I love the fact that I have a fairly cheap hobby!

Marsha, thank youuuuu! I always feel that way when I see anything you do!! You amaze me girlfriend!

Now, off to Home Depot to get some dirt for my pots!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Bevie said...

Hi sweetie...I love your piece haven't done mine yet...been bitten by the bug...uck!!! I love your blog hon...(((hugs)))