Friday, November 20, 2009

Wild Fire!


Funny how things work out...I had no idea what I was going to create last night, all I did know was that I wanted PINK! I wanted to do something with pink in it...I was skimming through images and found my face page that I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember who I got it from...and loved the girls face and knew I would be using herrr...then found the wings......then already had the legs from a magazine, so got that all done and then she had no hair...great....I have never been able to do a good job cutting hair off one image and adding it to another... never works out for me. So I realized I HAD to draw the hair....at that moment I didn't even know what my quote was going to be, but now I wish I had made it bigger and more all around her face...more wilderrr! But got that done and it was toooo yellow, so I added some lo-lites to her hair! Actually she has several colors involved! I guess she was high-maintanence! But she looked so happy and glad to be there, so then I realized she had to have arms that raised up to the sky! So I then realized I would have to draw them too!!! Great. They are more the whimsical style arms I think! I actually found this opaque pink/fleshtone-ish marker I used to color them in. Since I already had the blue background when I drew them, it was difficult to make them look opaque enough to show up. I can't say enough about glittery pens and hi-liters! I have a glittery pen fetish, I'm pretty sure. I usually do not outline my letters in them but I did this time and I used hi-liters on top of each other to create different colors in places. So then I finally got it all done and I was having some mild anxiety wondering what the letters would be.....I looked through some of my quotes and nothing excited me....then I read the simple quote I used and I just looked at her hair and her happy face and thought..."yeaaaaa" that's the one!
So thats the story of "Wild Fire"! Have a good day!

13 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

And I'm thinking . . . "yeaaaaaa" it's AWEsome!!!! Every one of your creations is full of joy. Shelly, your work always makes me feel so happy! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Lindart said...

Wow! So much action and joy in this page! I love it!

Taluula said...

Shelly each time I visit your blog there is something scrumptious to see. This is gorgeous.

indybev said...

As my mother used to say, that's a whale of a tale! What fun to read your thought process, and what even more fun to see the result! It's a gorgeous symphony of color and visual gifts. Well done, Miss Shelly, well done!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much for all your comments, I hope you all know how much I appreciate them allll! I hope you all are having a nice weekend, it's raining here today, but that's okay because I planted more pansies here and there and we had this whiskey barrel by the steps coming up to the door, and it had two types of evergreen plants in there and a lavender plant in it. They had gotten soooo big and we knew we were going to have to take them out of the barrel and replant them, so yesterday was the day! We did away with the barrel since is sort of fell apart after my husband got the plants out, we planted them right there, where the barrel was! So now we have a yellow/green mophead arborvite, a blue cedrus and another sort of arborvite but it is greener and tall and skinny......all there so it's nice to have the variations of color and nice to be able to enjoy them in the winter! Wow how did I get off on all this!!

Alberta said...

We both have free spirits on our blogs today. Shelly, this is my very favorite page you've ever made. The wild joy that radiates is infectious, and she's still so feminine. All the black and white details are very effective and give a continuity to the various patterns details, and the quote is simply the best! Happy Thanksgiving, you wild child, you!

Brian K said...

OMG!!!! You are coming into your own style! I LOVE these!!!!! They are so awesome!!!!!

Marleen said...

What a great piece, amazing!! So much to see and the colors are really beautiful, great job!!

Into my favs and Follow ;)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you all so much for your comments! Glad you liked it and I hope that you all have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday with your families and friends!

Marit said...

First of all, happy thanksgiving!!! I could do with some hapiness today, and I love your happy lady -THanks!!!

Janny said...

OMG This is a awesome piece, you keep amazing me;o)

Hannastiina said...

wow, this is sooo... happy. I love all your art work, there's so much to see in them and they are so full of life. I think there must be a very happy and beautiful person behind these.

BlueRidgeLady said...

I can't tell you all enough how much I appreciate your sweet comments and for your visit! Thank you all so much!!