Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rose


Tried my hand at drawing faces, practicing what I learned from Teesha Moores blog, she posted a one sheet drawing lesson of how to draw faces. Thank you Teesha!!! I really didn't intend for her to look sad, but smiles were not working out for me today LOL! I also didn't intend to have the dots on her face but as I was working on the left side I guess the ink from the pen was not dry on her hair and I looked down to see spots of ink and smears above her right eye!!!!! Nothing would cover them sooooooo......that is how the glittery little dots came about!! I enjoyed the work though, I haven't made any art in several days, so it was time!!

It is pouring outside right now, they say we may get some high winds up here, maybe up to 45-50 mph!!! Batton down the hatches Dorothy!! Don't think I will get much sleep tonight. I still have Christmas shopping to do and various other things...my Christmas tree is still standing!! So far I have found a few ornaments on the floor, compliments of Pearl and Little One! They enjoy batting them around at night of course!!

I just have a little something exciting to tell yall, I have 52 followers now on my blog!!! It's very exciting for me! I remember hesitating to have a blog but wanting to at the same time, for soooo long.....I'm so glad I did it! I just want you all to know how glad I am to see you all when you visit and how special it is to me getting to know you all! Hope you all have a lovely night, sweet dreams friends!

13 comments:

Audrey said...

Gorgeous! Love the girl, the colors and the saying...

Marit said...

...and now you have 53 followers - I took care of it right away! (I noticed I wasn't in there... I "follow" through another method so mostly I'm not aware if I'm a "follower" or not)

I love your girl and how those dots on her face make it complete... little accidents like that can sometimes leave you with a surprisingly result!

Terri Kahrs said...

She's beautiful, Shelly! I love those little serendipitous dots around her eyes - makes her very special! Congrats on your 53 followers. Geeze, I remember when you first started blogging and how you were so hesitant. LOL!!! Aren't you glad you jumped in?!? Hugs, Terri xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Good morning Audrey, Marit and Terri! Ya'll make me feel better!!! Thanks for the comments!! Marit thank you for becoming my 53 Follower!!! Heck you follow me so well I thought you already were too!! Thank you!

Susan said...

Love her pensive little face. Don't you love when accidents turn in to adornments? This very same thing happened to me once and ever since, I have adorned lots of my girl's faces with sparkles and dots. Congrats on the followers. Isn't it marvelous what makes us happy these days. I love it. Take care, Susan.

indybev said...

You are so amazingly talented! Your little person is absolutely charming, and I'm sure we'll be seeing more charming faces in the future. The rest of the page is wonderfully colorful and well put together as well. I know what you mean about blog followers. It's a thrill to know people are stopping by. There's no doubt in my mind your "following" will grow and grow!

Janny said...

You did a great job with drawing. It's makes me also always happy to try something new. And if other people notice it then it's also rewarding is it not;o)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Susan, Bev and Janny!! I am beaming from reading your comments!! Always good to see you all and I hope you all have a good night! I did some Christmas shopping today, and grocery store...more shopping tomorrow!! Hugs!!

Diane said...

What wonderful artwork you do. I'm so glad that I found your blog--I will be following you! Diane

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi Shelly! I am a horrible blog visitor lately and so far behind. Hey, as I look over you have 55 followers my dear! No wonder . . . your blog is always a great joy to visit, so full of life and visual spirit and lovely work! I don't follow blogs anymore since I just put them in my links list and watch their little pictures for updates, but I am still a big fan! So technically, you have more than 55 and I bet you have far more than are telling you!
Want to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!
marsha

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Diane and Marsha!! So glad yall stopped by! Marsha I know what you mean, I am the same way and even more so lately...guess maybe things will settle down for us after the holidays, thanks for taking the time to say hello and I hope your holidays are just perfect!! Merry Christmas to you and your families!!!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

You are so talented and a gifted person! Good for you my dear friend.

Taluula said...

You are so talented and I love to visit your blog often and I am never disappointed. Your drawing lesson from Teesha has worked a treat this is gorgeous.

Merry Christmas