Friday, January 8, 2010

Hope


I know....it's been a while! It was so fun creating this collage for Crowabout on Flickr! Thanks Nancy Baumiller for some great images this week!

The new year hasn't started out too well though, we just found out my husband Raymond has prostate cancer. He will get radiotherapy seeds in three weeks, and then a 3 week break, then he will begin 7 weeks of daily radiation treatment 5 days a week. We think they caught it early enough and that he will be fine. I just know it, because he is a pretty tough guy! This collage quote came from a beautiful gift I received from my friend Joanie. It was a collage on canvas with this quote included. I loved the quote, and with everything going on right now, it's meaning became more significant to me. Please keep him in your prayers!

We got some really pretty snow last night!! It is still snowing here a little on the mountain. I even talked Raymond into staying home today!! The secondary roads and our steep road down the mountain would probably pretty scary right now. We are just relaxing and being lazy....I might even take my tree down today!! I usually have it done by now! I think tonight I will make Sante Fe Soup! Hope you are all warm and happy!! I will see yall soon!! Big hugs to you all!

15 comments:

Martina2801 said...

Your work is oustanding!!! What a unique style you have.I love it!!!!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

I love this piece. It's beautiful. Enjoy the snow. Tell Raymond to hang in there. I'm keeping you both in my prayers. xoxo Susan
(p.s. sorry about the deleted comment, I had made a typo and wanted to change it).

Outstanding Stranger said...

My prayers are with you and your husband. Hope his treatment goes well and he is cancer free soon. I hope your new year is filled with good health and love.

Marit said...

Shelly, thinking of you and your beloved! I sure hope you cought it early enough, but you looking at it positively and him being a "tough guy"... I'm sure you'll get through this! I was going to ask about the beautiful quote but then you told where it came from.. yes, it IS beautiful!!! Wishing you a relaxed and cozy weekend and a year full of healthyness and strenght.

Snap said...

Wishing you and your husband well. We are going through something similar. Mr. Dragon is undergoing pre-op chemo and radiation therapy. Love the collage!

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, both you and your beloved husband have just been added to my prayer list. May angels surround you both and bring you strength and all of the resources that you need to get through. Your collage is beautiful and meaningful too. Love, blessings and hugs, Terri xoxo

Janny said...

Beautiful piece of work again! Bad news but good they found it early. Good luck to you both and take care, I will light a candle. Big virtual hug x

Hannastiina said...

Again, colourful and beautiful collage, specially I love the pink in the background, it is so positive. I am sending you positive thoughts and angels to give you and your husband strength throuht these difficult times to come- hugs

P said...

It's a beautiful piece of art you made. Really love it.
I wish you and your husband all the best.

S.I.Keshi

BlueRidgeLady said...

How beautiful to wake up to such kind and positive comments from all of you, I read each and every one of these to my husband and he and I both want to thank you all, and want you to know how much we appreciate them and how much they mean to us!

It is a beautiful day here in Blue Ridge! The sun is shining and the snow is sparkling like little diamonds in the sun. We got a little more last night lightly covering the decks Raymond blew off yesterday LOL! Hope you all have a nice weekend! Stay warm :D

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Sending love and prayers to your family and especially to your husband. I need your e-mail if it possible. Best wishes and kind regards.

Taluula said...

Your work is always inspired and this one is just so poignant. My thoughts are with you and your husband.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much Phivos, sure appreciate the kindness and you coming by, my email address is Queenbead2U@aol.com.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Anne!! So glad you came by, always good to see you, and I really appreciate the well wishes for Raymond and I know he will too! Have a beautiful day friend!