Wednesday, January 27, 2010


This crazy little collage was created for Crowabout. This one was quite a challenge! I knew it would be! Still had a good time creating it, and this group forces us to be creative and that is good for all of us.

I got most everything filed into categories for the most part now. I don't know what has gotten into me, but it is amazing how things can snowball. I went to the grocery store yesterday, came home and began putting up the groceries, I look in the pantry and realize I need to make room for more stuff that I just bought, so had to stack and rearrange. Got those items put up. Then I open my drawer in the island in my kitchen and wonder how it all got so out of control, I begin taking everything out and rearranging it and I see something that doesn't belong there (what the heck is this doing here?) and lay it out to put it somewhere else, and before I know it, the entire kitchen is a disaster, the island is covered with things that go in 10 different somewhere else places, and I am sooo tired from being on my feet alll day, my back is throbbing......and I think to myself, so glad that I was trying to organize everything!! Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, this post made me laugh out loud. Kind of like when you buy one little new thing for your house, and then you want to redecorate your whole house :) I love this collage--I like when you keep seeing new things in art everytime you look at it.

Susan said...

We seem to be living in parrallel universes. I have been doing this same thing lately. Everything seems to need rearranging. I agree this week's collage images are difficult. I already had to start over, but I'm going to blunder through it. Wish me luck. Your's is very clever, mine...not so much.

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, you always make me smile!!! I can just see you standing in the middle of a disaster!!! But I'm sure everything is back in it's rightful place by now.

LOVE your Crowabout entry this week. I honestly didn't get it together enough to participate since I've been doing the One World One Heart thing. It's fun, but HOLY COW! It's sure been keeping me busy! Lots of Hugs, Terri xoxox

Janny said...

Such a great colage !pff it was so difficult with this sheet, I have no inspiration;o(

TonyaA said...

Yes...always great collages here! I pray you and your family are doing well.
Blessings, peace, and love!
Tonya

BlueRidgeLady said...

Good morning ladies! Yesss I nearly didn't participate but somehow I got some inspiration from a funny card I saw onetime. The collage was not nearly as funny as the card LOL! I know what you mean Terri, I don't think I can take on anything else at this point, it IS fun though! It's ashame life has to get in the way of play time :D Diane, if I get one more new thing I am going to have to buy a new house! Janny your collages are always gorgeous, thank you girls for stopping by, good to see you all! Sounds like the coffee is done, ya'll have a good day!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Good luck Susan LOL!!!!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

It looks great this collage Shelly. Warm regards.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Tonya and Philip, have a nice evening!

Marit said...

I know the rearranging things feeling... I do have to start on my kitchen too, but I know that once I start, it will take days! (Like you, I will hop to the basement, organise there too, go over to the attic... and so on...!) The afterwards feeling is great tho! I love your collage! A bit jerky maybe, but I love it!

Julia said...

So much to see and so much fun! Absolutely love this , the colors and everything!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much Marit and Julia for stopping by! Always good to see you ladies, sorry I have not been around much lately!! I will be working on some stuff this week hopefully!! Have a great weekend!!