Sunday, February 14, 2010

Inside Looking Out


This is me right now...snowed in up here on the mountain...perfect inspiration for this piece, and great art weather!! The quote if from Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"...says:
And Spring arose on the garden fair, like the spirit of love felt everywhere; and each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast, rose from the dreams of its wintry mix"

Window and some borders from Nancy Baumiller
Lady in window from Paperscraps
Eye and Zetti face from artchicapoo/Jade
Body of Zetti girl and various other things from magazine
Flowers from MS Clip art and drastically altered
Some borders were my own

We had to cancel our reservations to a new restaurant in town, since we couldn't get there, my husband ended up taking my car down the mountain, spun around in the middle of the road, ended up backing down part of the way, spinning around again, now heading down in the right direction......and finally making it off the mountain. What a wild ride! I thought he would never call me to tell me he was okay, but it just took awhile!! He has to head down the the big ATL to be closer to work tomorrow since another round of snow is heading our way. We will have a delay in celebrating Valentines Day, but at least he is safe, and my car is okay and I have lots of hobbies to keep my busy! I'm snug as a bug in a rug! Happy Valentines Day to alllll of you! See you soon!! xoxox

10 comments:

PiecesofD said...

So colorful and fun... I love it. I too am alone for Valentines Day. My husband had to fly to New York. Happy Valentines Day to you!

Diane said...

Snow, snow, go away already!! It's snowing here too!! I just love this creation--love the colors, and that quote is beautiful--it's amazing what can come out of people's heads.

Tracey@glitterbugstudios said...

Love the page! We too are dreaming of Spring...will it ever get here? Love your colors on this one!

Susan said...

Love this piece. I'm dreaming of spring, also. Shucks, I'd settle for a patch of muddy ground. I feel like my eyes are being affected by all this white. I'm like you though, plenty of crafty things to keep me occupied and out of trouble until the spring thaw. Glad hubby survived the wild ride. I'd be a basket case worrying about DH if he had to do that. Yikes. Take care. Susan

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, My! I'm happy to hear that you're snug and safe and that your husband is OK (and the car too!). I think we all have a huge case of cabin fever now, Shelly!!! Happy Valentine's Day hugs to you! Terri xoxo

Janny said...

Great piece, it;s looking like spring. I have had it with the snow and so are you I think ;o) Great that your husband and car are oke!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Did I shelly wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day? If not, I'm sure you had a great one!! Hugs my dear friend.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you all! Sure glad to see you all and happy you stopped by! Thanks Philip! Hope you had a great Valentines Day too!

Anneke (An) Wijers said...

This is so nice and cute.
I love the window-idea!
Wonderful!

Michele said...

Oh my gosh, I'm looking at all your art right now, and everything is so darn awesome! I'll spare you the repeat comments on every post and just post it all here. :)

I love every piece! And this one above, I think is my favorite. Beautiful!