Thursday, February 11, 2010

Life of the Party!


Created for Crowabout, for some reason, I was inspired by a quote from Coco Chanel, and a song by Madeleine Peyroux, called "Dance Me to the End of Love"...I like much of her music, very Billy Holiday-ish style that is so different and calming. The verse written in the collage is hard to see. It says: Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin, dance me through the panic til I'm gathered safely in, lift me like an Olive branch and be my homeward dove, Dance me to the End of Love.

I wish I could have written more of the song, but of course, ran out of room! Thanks to Briedah and Nancy Baumiller for most of the images, others from magazines, etc.

Also, in case you didn't see my replies in my last post, Emily is home from the hospital and feeling much better! Thank you all so much for your prayers and for thinking about her!

As always this time of year I am looking forward to Spring! I know some of you are buried under way too much snow, so I know you feel the same! Stay warm and enjoy your day....I will see yall soon!!

10 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Leave it to you, Miss Shelly, to host a fabulous party on a page! Awesome work. I'm so happy to hear that Emily is hom and feeling better. God does hear prayers! Stay warm and well. Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Janny said...

Great piece of work, I love Madeleine Peyroux;o)

Diane said...

I just love this fun piece--you see something new everytime you look--wonderful!!

PiecesofD said...

What a colorful and fun collage!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much ladies! Glad to see you all!

Susan said...

I said it before and I'll say it again. I love your collage work. It inspires me more than any I've seen. Thanks ever so much for being so creative.

Marit said...

Aaaahhhh Shelly... the song is written (and sung) by Leonard Cohen and I did an art journal page about that same song! So lovely to see what you did with it! (mine is here on my blog)
Wish you a nice weekend!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Susan! You are so sweet, I continue to remain stunned that my collages have that effect on you, really?? I am soooo glad!!!! Just being able to inspire someone at all makes it all worth it. I think we all do that to each other, and we always need inspiration. There can never be too much of that. Thank you so much!

Marit, that is so cool that we both did a collage about the song! Great minds think alike they say, haaa haa! I went to your blog and found it! I loved it, your writing is lovely. I'm still singing the song in my head.
Thanks for coming by, I learned something new from you!

Julia said...

Wonderful!! So much to see! And all the details , words and colors! Fabulous...

Phivos Nicolaides said...

You are a great greator Shelly! Fabulous work.