Monday, February 15, 2010

Secrets In The Forest


Crowabout- Week 66- Borders and group images from Nancy Baumiller, borders from Artchicapoo/Jade Adams, fairy wand from Nayski, thanks so much ladies! Little did we know how well cats, dogs and birds got along together!! I guess in the Secret Forest anything can happen :D

We did not get the last batch of snow that thought we were getting, thank goodness!! Things are beginning to thaw out a little around here, and it was a pretty day!

I wanted to tell y'all something funny, well it's funny now, that happened to me yesterday. Visualize this....I'm sitting at the computer and I hear something buzzing. I look up and see a wasp on the blind. I go to get a hand towel to swat him with, come back, he's gone. Then I spot him in my little octagon window along with all the ladybugs....I take the towel and try to get him but instead it hit the little bird house AND my Fenton glass kitty, sitting on the sill. It falls knocks over other things sitting below it.....I move back out of the way, the cats scattered and ran, and then I knocked over the bottled water sitting on the desk..it spills and splashes here and there on stuff on the desk. I put the rest of the bottled water on the floor on the other side of the desk. I turn the keyboard over to get the water that spilled inside it out. I go to grab the hair dryer to use on the keyboard and knock over the bottled water AGAIN.....so that the rest of it can saturate the rug!!! Still haven't killed the wasp....forgot all about it by now......then I see him sitting on the floor next to the cats. This time I grabbed the towel and nabbed him, flushed him down the toilet and then felt guilty and mean for killing it, after it caused such an ordeal for me! Have a great night, I will see you all SOON!!

11 comments:

indybev said...

Great work! I admire anyone who can make ANYTHING of this week's collage grouping. I copied i, looked at it, and drew a complete blank! You are one talented lady. Loved your story, by the way. I'm feeling a bit like the wasp myself. Finally got my computer up and running, and this morning my refrigerator gasped and died in the middle of yet ANOTHER snowstorm. Arrrrgggghhhh! My back porch is now my refrigerator!

PiecesofD said...

Cute collage and story!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Bev!! I knowww, I really had a hard time with this weeks and the week before last with the ocean background. I loved the images but couldn't think of anything to do that everyone else hadn't already done! I'm so sorry about your computer and refridgerator! It's like you get one problem solved and here comes another one to take it's place! Just what you want to go spend money on, a newww refridgerator!! I guess these snow storms have come in handy to keep your food cold, but I hope they go away and stay away! Thanks for stopping by!

D, glad you liked the collage and story, so glad you came by!

Susan said...

I'm taking a break from the group, as it just got to where I wasn't having fun, trying to come up with a new way to use the images. Your's looks great. I had to laugh about the wasp incident, that is so funny. At least you didn't end up getting stung, which would have probably been the ending for me. Yikes.

PiecesofD said...

Thanks for the advice about the stuff for my eye. I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll get it cleared up soon. I'll have to tell Katie about all the lovely comments on her photos. She's quite the talent and very focused on it... I'm sure she will be very successful at it!

Caity said...

Great page - and I'm laughing WITH you about the wasp incident - I'm a serial calamity causer myself!

Marit said...

love your page, I'm al little bit more drawn to collage myself these days... thanks for the inspiration again! And eeekkk, wasps... haven't seen those guys overhere in Months - but I guess they will be back in spring/summer. They probably will remind me of you again than!

JennyMac said...

Glad you are thawing out a bit too..I am quite ready for spring. :)

joanne said...

oh wow...gorgeous collage! ... you were far braver than i would have been... having been stung by a wasp when i was little (they sting multiple times) i probably would have gone squealing out of the room :)

Phivos Nicolaides said...

You are a very creative mind dear Shelly! Hugs.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank so much everybody! You all make my days!
Hope you all have a great one!!