Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beauty Within


Hope I don't give ya'll vertigo with this one! Created for Crowabout using images from Constance. Was hard this week to come up with something that hadn't already been done. The circle images were actually part of a pretty map image. Not too happy with the lettering, but loved the quote by Sarah McLachlan.

Want to tell ya'll something funny that happened to me yesterday, some of you that are my facebook friends may already know! I was at the car wash, putting coins in for the vacuum. The computer voice lady was saying 25 cents. 50 cents, etc. everytime I put a coin in. Then, all of a sudden, she says "OUCH! DON'T HIT ME! VANDALISM IS A CRIME" What in the world?? All I was doing was putting money in! Scared me to death!!! My friends thought I was being punked, or on candid camera, I really hope I wasn't!!! Well, at least I didn't get my skirt sucked up into it, like one of my blog sistas did!!! LOL Susan, I'm still laughing about it!

Going out to the garden today! It is going to be close to 70 here today! Gotta plant some perennials, trim the roses and fertilize (AGAIN)....sigh...the other day I had gone to buy more mulch...I come home..I see my sweet husband out there with the blower......blowing all the leaves and debris from around the shrubs and flowers! There goes the fertilizer I had already put out! Thanks sweetie!! Now the weeds can be fertilized TOOOOO!! Yay!! Hope you all enjoy the day too!

9 comments:

Janny said...

Great collage with these circle images! Fun story about the computer voice lady;o)

June said...

Love the circles collage, the colours and the quote are both really good too
hugs June xx

Holly Loves Art said...

Beautiful work - as always! And laughing over your funny experience at the car wash. That's hysterical! I would have definitely been looking around to see if I was being filmed. Love that!

Diane said...

This is just so cool--I love it!! And that story is just too funny :)

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Shelly! The color and design in this piece is over the top WONDERFUL!!! I love every little doodle! Such a funny car wash story! Sounds like one of the routines they do on Leno!!! Would've given me a heart attack!!! Am happy to hear that you're back in the garden. I know how much you love it. Don't go rollin' down any hills this year. LOL!!! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Dianne said...

Spectacular collage... and cute story too...

Susan said...

I love this. Everything about it is lovely. It's a good thing we don't live close together, the car wash would not survive both of us. Take care. Susan

Monica said...

Just found your blog. I'm loving your journal pages. The collaging is inspiring!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Another beautiful collage!