Friday, March 12, 2010

A Garden


Hope I get this post done before it starts storming really bad! I think North Georgia is finally getting the storms Atlanta has had for the past couple of days. The sky is really dark and it's thundering!!! Yikes! Gotta type fast.... I had a friend of mine ask me what paints I was using lately on my pictures. It's not paint at all, it's the Neo Crayons again! I tell ya, they are so fast and easy to use, I have become spoiled by them. Not saying I won't play with my paints again, of course I will. I had already created this background and finished the borders. Once you decide like I did to draw on top of the background color, it alters of course the color. Like when I drew in the sun, I naturally colored it in with yellow copic and then even yellow hi-lighter, I wanted it yelloWWW! But then ended up using an orange hilighter- I mean the sun can surely be orange toooo can't it? Some of my copics, not all of them, are rather sheer, so that's kind of good because then you can see the other layers of colors through it to achieve the look of this piece. Yikes, better scram, time to walk AWAY from the computer! Ya'll have a good day, see ya later!

10 comments:

noye studios said...

i've gotten spoiled by the neo crayons too. but i've been mixing acrylics with the crayons. it creates a nice effect. the crayons are great for blending!!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

I have thought about that, I will have to give it a try! Thank you!! So glad that you came by!
Have a good day :D

PiecesofD said...

It's so cheerful and uplifting. Love the colors and the journaling...

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, this is just chock full of lusciouness and joy!!! Oh, to be in a real garden again. We, too, are in for a rainy, stormy weekend (starting today). I can't wait for gardens and sunny days!!! Stay safe, My Dear Friend!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Janny said...

Oh what a beauty, really! I love to use the crayons to;o)

Diane said...

Oh, what a treat for the eye! I love to mix the neo colors with the acrylics too--it's a really neat effect.

indybev said...

It's thundering here too! This one is such a joyous salute to Spring. You get great effect with the Neos!

Lindart said...

Lovely pages!! I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award! You can pick it up at my blog! You are one of my favorite creative bloggers!

Dustin said...

Lovely picture. I like the post too. Very nice.


Watch Movies Online

harry said...

Nice picture. Indicate the nature.

Watch TV Shows Online