Thursday, May 6, 2010

Money Tree


This one was a little toughie for me!! I already had the background, created with Neo II crayons. Images this week for Crowabout were provided from Briedah! Also, want to thank my friend Terri over at Pringle Hill Studios for the lovely freebie page she posted on her blog. That is where I got the lady, the rose, top border, and Mr. Moon images! I had no idea where this collage was going, for some reason when I was cutting out the pennies, it made me think of the time when I was little, digging in the dirt....finding all sorts of pennies, quarters, dimes....I went running in the house to tell my Mom and Dad what I had found! I thought I had really found a treasure, and I was the richest little girl in the world at that very moment! Now I realize that Dad had to have put them there just for me to find! He never told me he did, but I just know.... so funny how a penny can bring back those fond memories!

Today is my birthday! Yesterday the UPS man brought me the nicest gift!! It was from my daughter Kathryn and her boyfriend Alex! It was the new Trisha Yearwood cookbook, and also a Vera Bradley key ring!! I was so excited to get them and last night I looked through the cookbook, and my mouth was watering looking at the recipes! If you don't have it already, check it out...it's so beautifully written, with lots of pictures too!

It's such a pretty day today! I have been busy over the past couple of days, planting flowers and doing anything to be outside...it was funny, yesterday I was sitting out on the porch at dusk... looking at the golden glowing setting sun, wishing that it would always be daytime so I could stay outside and play longer!
Hope that you all have a beautiful day too, and I will see ya'll soon!!

8 comments:

apinkdreamer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! wonderful art journal pages maker!!!!

indybev said...

Happy Birthday! I covet that cookbook! Every time I've seen her giving recipes on TV she's made my mouth water. No wonder Garth has trouble with his weight!! This is a beautiful page, Shelly. I wish you all good things.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you ladies!!! Your comments make my day! Bev, I know what you mean! Have you seen how beautiful Trisha looks on the cover? I just love her..wish I knew her...she's so down to earth and I just love her voice. My daughter Kathryn has been told she is a look a like, they could be sisters!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Shelly!!! I'm sure you had a great day, and I'm wishing you a year filled with good health, laughter and LOTS of flowers and art! I'm so happy you liked my images. Thanks so much for the honorable mention! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Terri!!! Big hugs!!

Encarna said...

Happy Birthday! genial!

Ophelia said...

Found your blog today and your pages are so amazing!!! Seems birthday wishes are in order! Hope you enjoyed!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much Encarna and Ophelia! So nice to meet you both and so glad you found my blog!!