Friday, May 21, 2010

Why??

Why would any furniture manufacturer make a dresser that the drawers could not be removed? I wake up this morning and realize I need to refill my pill box. I have all the medicines I take in a ziplock bag that I keep in the drawer in the bedroom by the kitchen. I go to get the bag and it's gone. I opened every drawer 10 times thinking that it will magically appear...it appeared all right....I caught a glimpse of what looked like the bag sitting in the back of the dresser. So it had fallen back there. I try to simply take the drawer out and there is no way.....I couldn't believe it! I jiggled it back and forth and up and down and finally it gives way and I'm thinking oh this is great! Nope...the track holding it in for dear life had become unscrewed so the draw stillll wouldn't come out and now it's broke and still can't get to the medicine...by now my blood pressure is shooting up to I don't know what, and if I could just get the medicine I could take my blood pressure pills! I go get this long strainer/spoon I have, and get some double stick tape and wrap around it- that'll do it. Nope....couldn't reach it with that, so I got a wire hanger and stuck that back there. It dislodges the bag and it falls to the bottom of the dresser. Finally, I was able to stick my back scratcher in there and pull it forward and I was able to pull it back up through the opening!!!! So now I got a broken drawer, that will haunt me every time I walk into the room until I get it fixed, then I take the sticky tape off the spoon, it leaves a film of tape all the way around it where I had the tape, that will NEVER come off, had to throw it in the trash......I guess I could have just ordered new medicine, but it would have been to soon to order some of them.....so...either way I will have to get the drawer fixed and who do you call to do that, and how much is that going to cost?!!!!!! Finally I was able to make my coffee, is it 5:00 yet????? I'm thinking by now I may need to slip a little something stronger in that coffee!!! How is your day going??

5 comments:

Susan said...

Welcome to my world. This kind of thing happens to me regularly. I had to laugh about the tape on the spoon. You are a hoot. Enjoy your weekend...if you can. xoxo susan

indybev said...

Aw, Bunky, what a start to your day! Guess that's why they made that bumper sticker that says S*** Happens!

BlueRidgeLady said...

LOL, thanks Susan and Bev! I'm trying to forget it, it was a bunch of S*** alright!!! Hope ya'll have a good weekend too! Hugs! x0x

Michele said...

Oh my goodness, what an ordeal! So glad you got your meds in the end, what a stupid thing for the manufacturer not to make the drawers come out. Totally dumb. Hope your weekend turned out better than your Friday started. :)

Marit said...

How's your blood pressure by now? Yes, you definitely deserved something stronger than coffee... oh my! I'm glad my meds are ON the dresser...