Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello!!


I know it's been a while since I have posted. Been down visiting my Mom in Florida. Had such a great time! Anxious to make some ART! I thought I would post a few pictures I took down there while visiting. This picture was taken out on the St. Johns River, on an airboat ride we took!

This was a heron on my Moms deck that I snuck up on and snapped a picture of.

My Mom and Stepdad's dog Pepper!

Another river picture.

Daytona Beach Lighthouse at Ponce Inlet

View of the river from Moms backyard

We went on an airboat ride! We saw quite a few gators, and a couple of bald eagles. I tried to take a picture of them but they got scared off by the noise of the boat.
We all loved it! That is Kathryn and Alex with us, they were supposed to come down there on the Mon after Fathers Day, and they surprised us and showed up a couple of days early!!!


This is the new birdbath we bought at the coolest little store close to where my Mom lives! She bought one of a sunflower. It was hard to pick just one! So far the I haven't seen any birds in it yet. Hope they find it soon. Hope that you all are doing well and staying cool!! See yall soon!!

3 comments:

heather noye said...

beautiful pictures! looks like you had a great trip.

and good going on the heron picture. they're pretty shy! there's one that lives in the lake behind my office. i try almost DAILY to take it's picture and it never lets me.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Heather!! I think the only reason I got up so close to him was because he was more interested in watching Kathryn and Alex fish down below- think he was waiting for them to catch his dinner! He tried to nab the little Brim Kathryn caught, scared her to death! Thanks for coming by!!

Dianne said...

Glad you had a good time... Great picture of the Ponce light!