Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It Goes on and on....

Just wanted to thank you all for the get well wishes!!! They really helped lift my spirits!! I was really beginning to feel better from the pneumonia, but got a diverticulis flare up to deal with now! Had to go back down and see the doctor. He gave me two more antibiotics to take in addition the the one I am taking for the pneumonia. He suggested I have a CT scan, to make sure there wasn't more going on in there....so.....thats what I did yesterday. The worst part was drinking the disgusting stuff you have to drink for the scan! I never could finish all of it, but luckily it was enough to do the scan. When I went back to get dressed, I noticed a red blotch on my stomach, and one on my chest..HIVES!!!!!!!! They told me I was having a reaction to the contrasting dye they put in my IV. It wasn't severe, I just had a couple flare up, but had to go see another doctor, and he gave me a shot of benedryl. I was never so glad to see my bed, and got some really good rest last night! I'm getting better everyday, and look forward to making some new art, and catching up with all of you! Thank you all again for thinking about me, and visiting! See ya soon!! xox

4 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, Shelly!!! You've been through the mill and back again, Sweetie! I'm happy to hear that you're feeling a bit better every day, but so sorry that you've had such a tough time. You're on my permanent prayer list now, Girl!!!! Love You! Feel better sooooooon! Hugs,Terri xoxoxo

Diane said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, and of course it has to happen in the summer! I sure hope you're on the road to recovery--I'll have happy thoughts for you!

Susan said...

So sorry you are dealing with so much. Your story did remind me of the time I reacted so badly to my allergy testing that they had to give me a shot of benedryal, and I immediately conked out in the nurse's arms. Interesting to say the least. Well, get well soon. xoxo

Marit said...

It seems like it keeps on going with all the troubles... I sure hope it will go UP from now on!!! Have a good and relaxed and healthy weekend dear!