Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Secret Garden


It was so much fun creating this new collage for CROWABOUT! I couldn't resist using the pretty courtyard image that Nancy gave us this week. I decided to add the trees, hoping to add something different. I always thought it would be amazing to have a real courtyard like this, don't you? I am out of my element in the last couple of collages, not using borders..but they just wouldn't work here ya know?

I have been so busy lately! Alyssa, Kathryn and Alex came up to see us last weekend, and you know what we did on Friday? We went tubing down the Toccoa River! I hadn't done it in years. Things got a little scary when it started thundering and raining on us, but we luckily found a couple of places to hide out until the weather got better. We only got to go half way, but we will go back again to finish the whole thing. What a blast!! We had so much fun hanging out together.

Guess I will go conjure up something for dinner, where did the day go? Hope you all have a great night! See ya soon!

5 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

So pretty! And I love all of the little critters carrying their robin's eggs! Glad to hear that you're feeling better and out having some summertime fun! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Nancy said...

This collage is just too cute....I love all the animals.....great piece......

Sounds like you guys had a ball tubing....

Gaby Bee said...

This collage is fantastic. Love all the little details!
Gaby

Susan said...

The trees in this piece are lovely. No border needed here. Great job!

Marit said...

It's a wonderful piece Shelly! I don't miss the borders at all... it just wouldn't fit here - but I know the kinda scary feeling when you "do something different" and feel a bit odd about it at first... you did a great job!