Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Don't See Me

Credits:
Nancy Baumiller- Fairy body and wings and borders
Becky F- borders
The Glass Beehive- legs
I had to take a picture of all of these with my camera, scanner still giving me fits....but you get the idea!

Did you all have a great Labor Day Weekend? We sure did! My sister Molly and niece Megan came up to see us on Saturday. We went tubing down the Toccoa River that day. Had such a blast with them....it was a little challenging for us at times, because due to lack of rain, the river was lowwww....and occasionally we got hung up on the rocks! We saw 3 snakes too!!! Another reason why tubing on the river is more fun when the water is high!! It was high enough to take us the entire 6 miles, we did it in 3 1/2 hours. Then we came home and made stuffed shells with salad and garlic rolls. We went into Blue Ridge the next day for some shopping. I have never seen so many people in town! I think everyone came to the mountains for the last holiday of the season. It is still hot, but you can see signs of Fall in the air! I am certainly ready!

Here is another little creation I made the other day.....

(Front of card)
(back of card)
Credits to Nancy Baumiller and Becky F for borders. Sun came
from a Collage Play With Crowabout sheet from Nancy Baumiller

Had so much fun creating this little pocket card. I was so inspired after visiting Terri over at Pringle Hill Studios for a little tutorial on how to create these and also there you will find some fun collage videos that she and Roc at what's up roc created. I enjoyed watching them and when those two get together you're sure to be entertained! I painted over a page out of a book for the background with acrylics and H2O's to give it some shimmer, then glued it on the envelope and added the borders and the rest of the images, along with glitter of course! Terri says you can also just paint directly on the envelope, but we thought that adding the background image made it sturdier to work on. I think you could also gesso the envelope first to achieve the same thing.

A few yard pics......
Here is a picture I took of this Cardinal Vine I planted from seed, the flower opens and closes and guess I missed the open phase for the picture, but at that late afternoon hour, I was more impressed with the way the sun bounced off the leaves!
Just had to share this sweet little bird house my friend Linda gave me!! Her husband Billy makes them! I got together with Linda and my sister Molly one day for lunch and a little shopping, and Linda says "oh, when you get out of the car there is something for you in that bag" and there is was! Thought it was so cute and sweet of them to give me one! I hope that you all have a beautiful day. I will be seeing you!

9 comments:

indybev said...

I love all your new "stuff", Shelly. So colorful and fun to see!

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, you always make the prettiest, most romantic art!!! Leave it to you to turn that envelope into something so very special! I'm glad that you enjoyed the tut and the videos. Thanks for the shout out, Girlfriend!!! It's supposed to get a little cooler tonight, so be sure to throw an extra blanket on the bottom of the bed!!! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxox

Ophelia said...

I really, really love your artwork! I just love what you have done here! So incredible!

lauren carney said...

oh what a fine display!

i enjoy the rather dee-lite-ful pictures your splendid blog!

keep up the wonderful posts!

golly!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, there is always a lot going on over here! I love the stories you share . . . from green hair to tubing. You're a kick and what a fun life you live . . . it's all attitude I am sure. You always have such a positive happy vibe about you and it makes your work and pictures all the more lovely.

Hey, there's some little snow flakes falling about your blog! I love that widget - use it every winter. I love seeing it here . . . And Christmas is only 105 days away! I am so in the mood! I'm ready for fall and winter.

Hope you have a great happy weekend!
marsha

BlueRidgeLady said...

Well with friends like you all coming by, how can I not be happy! You all always boost my spirits and make my days. Yeah I know the snowflakes are still here Marsha...I must be the only one in blogger land that has snowflakes in the summer! I can't seem to part with them LOL!!! I love them year round! So great to see you all and thanks for leaving me such sweet comments!

Janny said...

Gorgeous work again, thanks for sharing;o)

Marit said...

Inspiring happy and bright colours I find on your blog today! I could use some someshiny photos too, 'cause it's raining all day overhere (it started last night, it's the end of the afternoon now and it never stopped...) A big hug from a grey HOlland Shelly

haldeman said...

Oh my gosh..I just discovered your work while visiting Marsha's blog. How wonderful and magical. I'll be stopping by again. Mary