Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Good Advice

Credits:
Right side border, pink circle borders, rose border, and number border- Nancy Baumiller from Crowabout Studio B at DeviantScraps.com
Girls dress- Rubyblossom
Cats and brown border- Becky F
Victorian images, flowers, and top scalloped border- Norma Frances
Quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson
Background was created with Neo II water soluble crayons and colored pencils for shading and copic markers. I drew girlie's face, arms and legs....that's about all that was mine!!! Don't know what I would do without all my amazing and generous images sources!! I've been paralyzed in the chair working on this practically all day! Time to walk away from the collage and tidy up!

This collage was inspired from the quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, that my daugher Alyssa had as her status on Facebook yesterday. It says..."To laugh often, and love much, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to give one's self... this is to have succeeded." I commented on how I really loved the quote, I hadn't heard it before, but it's pretty much the way I feel! When my sister Molly read her my comment she said "I feel a collage coming on Shelly" and then Alyssa said "You know it Molly, it will be in her next one! Ohhhh....they think they know me so well.... how could I not use it after that!???

Just wanna thank you all for visiting me and for all your sweeeet comments, that really touch my heart and encourage me everyday! Hope you all enjoy the night, I'll see ya soon! x0x

4 comments:

Marit said...

Great advice Shelly, and a fabulous collage!

Terri Kahrs said...

That IS a fabulous quote, Shelly! And your journal page is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hope that you're enjoying all of your Holiday preparations! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Susan said...

Lovely work. Isn't it comforting to know that your family "gets" you. Have a great week and try to stay stress free.

andrew said...

The clean and colourful effect that a canvas print can give off sometimes really does suck you in to the picture its self with that 3d look and fine craftsmanship.