Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Doodles

Credits to Nancy Baumiller at Crowabout Studio B@Deviantscrap.com for Sunday border and dress
Dover Publishing for left flower border and bottom corner borders
Pink border- Becky F
I drew the girl last night, this morning I was trying to decide how I was going to use her in a collage. I had already pre-made the green background. I was looking through my images and came across the flower doodle I had done a longggg time ago. I cut it out and colored it in with Copic's, decided to put them in her hair. The rest just came together, really because it was SUNDAY, and I found the flower doodle LOL! I never thought I was going to get through it though....I had about 8 half empty dot glue runner containers....I would glue down a couple of things and one would run out, then I'd use up the rest of another one....then finally all of them were gone and I had to resort to a half dried out glue stick!!! Story of my life! SANTA!!! Please bring me an unlimited supply of dot glue runner refills!!!!!! LOL doesn't take much to make me happy :D Hope you are enjoying your Sunday, and hope you got to doodle too! Doodle lou!!

6 comments:

indybev said...

Such fun to see you explore this new dimension in your art, Shelly. She's beautiful!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you soooo much Bev! Your comments always, always, touch me and inspire me to keep trying! Hugs to you precious friend :D

Terri Kahrs said...

I love the fact that you're using your own drawings in your art more often. Fabulous! Hugs. Terri xoxo

Butterfly Works said...

Beautiful page....love the colors.....
She looks like she's ready for a party with the flower in her hair and her heart is obviously ready to see her love......
Great Job....

Susan said...

Glue dots! How cool. I think one of the reasons I am slow to collage is the fact that I used glue stick or double sided sticky tape and end up with pieces that don't stick completely or I am covered with glue. I think I'll leave the collage work to you. You are so talented at it. Love the violet eyes in your gal...a'la Liz Taylor. Have fun!

Marit said...

I long for some doodling time... as of next weekend I will have free time and doodling is certainly on the menu! Even more, now that I have seen your collage! LOVE IT!!