Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wild and Wise

Credits to Nancy Baumiller at Crowabout Studio B@Deviantscrap.com for borders
Astrid Maclean for briefcase man, hand and disco ball
Door from Paperscraps
the rest of the images from magazines or stash

I decided that I wish I could draw and paint. I need to practice lots more doing both. Here I did a little sketchy....not like I'm really happy with it, but I'm learning and having fun! I drew her first on plain paper and colored her in with Copic markers, cut and pasted her in. Yesterday was the perfect ART day, windy and rainy all day long. Today is pretty and cold LOL! Nice to see the sun though. Ya'll have a great night, I'll see ya later!

9 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

She's terrific, Shelly!!! I can't believe that you haven't drawn more!!! Stay safe and warm! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Marit said...

I love your drawing, I really do! I should draw more myself but I always get a bit intimidated when I look at others drawings... Have a nice, sunny day dear! (we have snow overhere!)

Susan said...

I love her, especially her dress and the journaling. I taught myself to draw using Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. It's all about practice. I am finding out that painting is easier if I start out with a decent drawing. I pour over library books all the time and practice a bunch. Keep at it and soon you will be happier with each drawing.

Theresa said...

She's wonderful Shelly! Awesome color and details!

Diane said...

I always always love your collages--always!!

Janny said...

Yes you can, it's looking great!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Sure appreciate all the sweeeet comments! You all always, always make me feel inspired and happy! Love you all! Hugs!!!!

Terri said...

Wild and Wise is fab! I love your girl. I think you did a wonderful job creating this.
Hugs,
Terri

indybev said...

What a feast of color! I've recently started sketching and scanning too, and it adds a whole different dimension. Hope to see more of it from you! This is gorgeous...and your backgrounds make me green with envy!