Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dress Extravagantly!

Credits to Nancy Baumiller for the images to use in the Crowabout group. Also, for all the borders except the top left yellow one, that was from Dover Publishing, and the top rose border that was a doodle I did oneday while on the phone. Thanks to Nancy also for the funny person with the quitar and the face on the lady with the black dress! Wow Nancy thanks for everything!
Felt so good to make some art! I loved all the images this week for the challenge. I had already painted this background and decided to use it this week. The background image included in the mix Nancy gave us was beautiful, but it was hard for me to use it and make it different than everyones, so I used this one I had instead. The other one will show up one day in another collage I'm sure!
We are enjoying a cold but snow free weekend. It has been so nice to see the sun! Might get some more snow within the next few days, we will see I guess! I've been making a few bracelets and another collage I can't show yall yet....but I will! Have an arty weekend, and thank you all so much for visiting and for all your sweet comments. You all always make me smile! :D

3 comments:

Marit said...

It's a grey Sunday morning in the Netherland and I'm planning a colourful art journal page today, to compensate. You made me more determined to do that, inspiring me with your lovely and bright collage! Colours can make us happy! YEAY! Wish you a lovely and artsy Sunday too!

Theresa said...

Great, fun piece Nancy! Love all the color and whimsy! Hope you are staying warm:)

Terri Kahrs said...

Shelly, your work always makes me happy! It's so vibrant and beautiful -- just the thing to warm a cold winter day!!! Stay warm and safe!!! Hugs, Terri xoxox