Monday, January 24, 2011

France

Credits to Nancy Baumiller for the images she gave us to us in the Crowabout Group this week! Also, I want to thank my sister Molly, for the Eiffel Tower image. It is from an actual photo she took while visiting Paris with her family. I wish you would visit her photostream to see the actual picture. It was so beautiful, and there you will also see other photos from the trip and her beautiful flowers! Visit here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27278057@N02/
I decided the background image I used needed to be more muted, so I used the spray feature in MS Paint, and sprayed white and lavender paint onto the background.....the blue was from my Neo II crayon and then I used this marker I had for some of the other blue. I also tinted it some with colored pencils. I tinted the skin on the ladies and the man with a Copic marker, and colored her dress with the same. I drew the topiaries and colored, cut and pasted them in for some greenery! The composition for the collage came together quicker than they usually do for me, once I decided the curtains needed to be the border....they were red but decided to recolor them to fit into the color scheme I was using. I have always wanted to go to France, and I hope we will one day! Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

Silke said...

That is sooooo cool!! I love how you put everything together. Makes me wish I were heading to Paris... Hugs, Silke

Janny said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Great colours;o)

Renee said...

Love it!

Marit said...

I'm sure you would love France, especially Paris! I hope your dream comes true someday...

Susan said...

Love it, love it, love it. Your collage work is always so inspiring. Hmmm, just may be time for me to get back to the snip and glue routine. Can't wait to pop over to see Molly's pictures. Y'all both rock!

Theresa said...

How Fun! Really beautiful composition and fun to hear how you got there...Am taking a french cooking class on Saturday and this reminds me of it!

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh I love this!!! A true favorite of mine.

jgr said...

This is beautiful! I hope you do get to France. I went to Paris once and it's true what they say about the light. It's unbelievable. Meanwhile, I'm glad to discover your blog AND I'm in N. Georgia too!!

joanne rose said...

so pretty... i love how you describe the process you went through to get there... it turned out so beautifully (they always do)...