Friday, February 11, 2011

Waiting on Spring!

Credits to Nancy Baumiller for images in this weeks Crowabout Challenge, for borders also. BeckyF for borders and also Dover Publishing
I used the mottled background Nancy gave us, and used my crayons to recolor it here and there. I tried to be creative and use this pretty tissue paper I had with some Gel medium to create layers...I guess I really don't understand Gel medium..or I didn't use enough. The paper didn't stick to the cardstock like I wanted it to, so it was loose underneath, and I couldn't have that.......when I tried to pull it back up and redo, it of course tore and tore and tore, leaving a grungy mess on the background piece that I actually ended up liking! Gave it some texture after all! Hmm! The girl has been used before, but I love her and so I brought her back with some new surroundings! Hope that you all enjoy a nice weekend, think it is supposed to warm up a little here...how nice!! Hugs!! x0x

4 comments:

Janie Husband said...

shelly, i love your collages....they are so colorful and creative....thank goodness we missed out on a heap of snow this past storm...keep warmm...spring is right around the corner..... ;)

Janny said...

So colourful, I just love it. Nice weekend to you to;o)

joanne said...

oh, i love when those happy kinds of accidents happen and you end up loving it. This is just gorgeous!

Susan said...

Ah, gel medium. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Love that gal bowling!