Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some Of My Favorite Things

Credits:
Right flower border & cat-Pringle Hill Studios
Sunflower, left border behind man- Becky F
Fan- Roads Untraveled
Half zetti circle at top-Fidgetrainbowtree
Man with hat- plaisanter
"E"- clotho
In Your Life-enigmachck1
Woman dancing-Norma Frances
House border, Play, And, Be, Woman border on right, face, cat ears,
and large background flower- Nancy Baumiller
The rest of the images came from my stash
Wheww! Vertigo alert! I think I got it creating this one, but y'all know me...more is more! I wish I could restrain myself sometimes, but it never seems to happen! The first background was already done, how easy....but then I decided I didn't like the plain green background, so I painted and stamped with napkin patterns and bubble wrap......wasn't happy with that, so I painted over it again. Wiped off paint layers....I am amazed I didn't tear a hole in it. Painted over it again and ended up being happier with it, but now I covered up most of it, so you can't see it anyway! I have much to learn. I always admire layering that I see in our friends work. Practice, practice practice LOL! Enjoy your afternoon, can't believe it's that time already. I have seen the sun peak out a few times today. I feel better already!

4 comments:

Marit said...

I love your collage - and since a few months, I am practicing the 'paint over and over and over' technique LOL. That's something I really want to do more - before, I only worked on a background in one time... don't know how to explain it right, but you understand what I mean? It seems we always like what we don't have isn't it?!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Marit! Always so good to see you! Thank you so much, yes I do know what you mean. That is exactly what I was talking about. It's funny, as I was wiping off the top layer of paint with a baby wipe, it took on a grungy sorta look, that I ended up liking better than what I started with! You can't see it here, but it was fun playing around with it. I guess I shouldn't worry, there are no mistakes in collage!!

indybev said...

Your pieces are so amazing, Shelly. With you more is more is better and better!!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Bev! You are so sweet to say that, you always make my day!! So happy we connected on FB!!! Have a good night dear :D