Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thinking Back

Credits: Top border- Mon1ca
The rest were from magazines

Finished this one yesterday. Now I know why I don't paint. Getting the tone right is the hardest thing for me. I first used Copic markers, and the tone was better, but then it ran with the pencil/marker out line and had little spots from the marker on it.....so....tried to paint over it, and covered the spots, but now the tone is too light and too pink! Oh well. Still had fun creating it and remembering playing in that meadow when we were young. Back to the real world, LOL!
Hope that you all have a perfect spring day!!

4 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

I LOVED playing in the big field by my Grandmother's house! Love this pretty page too! It's like a burst of spring sunshine!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Holly Loves Art said...

Love her and love her little cat. How sweet. Hope you're well.
Cheers!
Holly

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Really nice page Shelly - so colorful and vibrant! I love it!

Renee Stien said...

Great childhood memories. This page is beautiful. Your girl is so pretty and your lettering is amazing!