Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nursery Rhymes and Pics

CREDITS:
Happy Baby Photo- sassyarts
Background- cparmelee1
Pink border- ltl blonde
Quilt dog- Buglady1104
Humpty On Wall- gr8plunder
Toy blocks- neefer
Nursery Rhymes- "T"eresa
Nursery Rhyme trading card- gr8plunder
Star- cleome1
Sheep- BeckyF
Stork Face- mimi1993
House border, city border, scalloped border- Nancy Baumiller
Just finished this yesterday for Crowabout. Loved using the "Hey diddle diddle" images...thought they were so cute! It was a favorite nursery rhyme of mine growing up, and still is! Creating this collage made me think of our Granddaughter Jessie. She is expecting another baby girl in September! Now we will be blessed with two great-granddaughters!

Here are a few garden pics I took the other day, hope you enjoy them!
This pretty girl is blooming right now in my yard. A native azalea, that I don't know the name of, but it smells wonderful!!!I'm so proud! I ordered these "Shooting Stars" a couple of years ago, and this is the first year they have bloomed! Aren't they cool!? So delicate too. I read they are native to Georgia. Well, let me just tell you, if I ever saw one blooming in the woods, I would get weak in the knees, my heart would start racing, and then I don't know what else would happen! I hope I get to find out one day!"Georgia Blue" one of my favorite perennials in the garden. Blooms early, and I love the pretty purple/blue color. Looks really pretty once it has spread in the garden, I will probably buy more!
Helleborus, Lenten Rose....they are coming up so pretty in the bed where I have them, soon they will fill up the entire bed, then I will take another picture of that to share :D
A wee bit blurry, but I'm surprised I captured a shot at all, this pretty butterfly was all over the place! I was so happy when I downloaded my pictures to see that I did get one!I got this pretty iridescent dragon fly at Home Depot! There were other colors too, and some other butterflies, a hummingbird, and other yard arty things there too!
I wanted to show y'all the sun I bought at the Southeaster Flower Show in Atlanta! I've been wanting a sun for the side of the house, and never really found the right one. When I saw this one my friend Susan told me I had to get this one, and I agreed!

Thanks for stopping by! Have yourselves a perfect day!

2 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Such a pretty post, Shelly! Your garden is beautiful. Our forsythia and daffodils just started to bloom!!!! Love your sweet page too! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Marit said...

Beautiful collage Shelly, and the garden photos made me smile! They are all so full of sun, joy and brightness!!! Have a lovely week!!!